當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 54:我們是在同一條船上

職場社交英語 Lesson 54:我們是在同一條船上

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.67W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 54:我們是在同一條船上

SCENE② B 吉娜在艾文的隔間附近遇到他

職場社交英語 Lesson 54:我們是在同一條船上

【我們是在同一條船上】


Zina: We're on the same team here, Elvin. I'm being nice because we need to 1) get along together.

吉娜: 我們是在同一條船上,艾文。我對你好是因爲我們得要相處。

Elvin: I know you, Zina. You're only nice when you want something.

艾文: 我知道你的把戲,吉娜。你有所求的時候纔會對人好。


Zina: If we want to beat WebTracker, we're going to have to 2) work hand in hand.

吉娜: 若我們想要打敗“網路搜尋家”,就得要攜手共事。


Elvin: To be honest, I'm starting to 3) wonder if it's worth it.

艾文: 老實說,我開始在懷疑這是否值得。


Zina: You'd rather lose to WebTracker than do things my way?

吉娜: 你寧願敗給“網路搜尋家”,也不願照我的方法做事


Elvin: You said it, not me.

艾文: 這是你說的,我可沒吭聲。


語言詳解:


A: Would you rather drink milk or orange juice?

你比較想喝牛奶還是橙汁?

B: Orange juice sounds good.

橙汁聽起來不錯。


【It's worth it. 這是值得的】

有付出纔有收穫,而在付出的過程中多半是痛苦,這時候就要用It's worth it.“這是值得的”。迎接未來的甜美果實。

A: Have all your years of hard work paid off?

你多年來的辛勤工作,到頭來值得嗎?

B: It's been worth every minute of it. Now I can retire in peace.

每一分鐘都是值得的,我現在可以安穩退休了。

【do things one's way 照某人方法做事】


每個人做事都有自己的方法,當然可以“照我自己的方法做事”do things my way。

A: I want to do things my way.

我要照自己的方法做事。

B: You're the boss.

你說了算。


不過有的時候,形勢比人強,可能就得身不由己地 do things one's way “照某人的方法做事了”。


A: Dad always wants me to do things his way.

老爸總要我照他的方法做事。

B: He's just afraid you might make the wrong decisions.

他只是怕你會做錯決定。

1) get along 處得來

2) work hand in hand 攜手共事*

3) wonder (v.) 納悶,想知道