當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 30:你的便利貼是什麼顏色?

職場社交英語 Lesson 30:你的便利貼是什麼顏色?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.49W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 30:你的便利貼是什麼顏色?

SCENE① C 吉娜與瑪莉同坐在飛往洛城的班機上

職場社交英語 Lesson 30:你的便利貼是什麼顏色?

【你的便利貼是什麼顏色?】

Zina: We're going to blow WebTracker out of the water. Trust me.

吉娜: 我們會讓“網路搜尋家”出局的。相信我。

Mary: I believe you, Zina.

瑪莉: 我相信你,吉娜。

Zina: Mary, can I ask you something? What color are your post-it notes?

吉娜: 瑪莉,我能問你個問題嗎?你的便利貼是什麼顏色?

Mary: My post-it notes? Pink, I think. Why?

瑪莉: 我的便利貼?我想是粉紅的吧,怎麼?

Zina: Are you sure they aren't green? It's OK if they are. Just be 1) honest.

吉娜: 你確定不是綠色?是也無妨。老實說就好。

Mary: I'm pretty sure they're pink. Did I do something wrong?

瑪莉: 我很確定是粉紅色的。我做錯了什麼嗎?

Zina: No. Pink is OK. Stick with pink.

吉娜: 沒有。粉紅很好。不要換。

語言詳解

A: Why is he so upset?

他怎麼那麼難過?

B: I told him he's getting fat. I was just being honest.

我跟他說他變胖了。我只是說實話而已。

【 of the water 擊潰……】

of the water是指“把……打得落花流水”,意即讓對方潰不成軍:

A: How was the basketball game last night?

昨晚的籃球賽如何?

B: The Lakers blew the Pistons out of the water.

湖人隊把活塞隊打得潰不成軍。

【stick with... 堅持……】

stick with something 是指“堅持(某事)”,也就是不輕言放棄,不輕易更換:

A: What's the best way to learn English?

學英文最好的方法是什麼?

B: Stick with the basics until you know them really well.

堅守住基本原理,直到你瞭然於心。

1) honest (a.) 誠實的