當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 26:她還真像個女超人

職場社交英語 Lesson 26:她還真像個女超人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.66W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 26:她還真像個女超人

SCENE⑤ B 會議結束後

職場社交英語 Lesson 26:她還真像個女超人

【她還真像個女超人】

Dave: Either we'll be millionaires, or we won't... won't have a dime.

戴夫: 當不成百萬富翁,就當……身無分文。


Elvin: And it's all coming down to the next three weeks.

艾文: 接下來的三個星期就會見真相。

Dave: The only person who seems confident the software will be done on time is Zina.

戴夫: 只有吉娜有信心,軟件會準時完成。

Elvin: Yeah, she is some kind of Superwoman, isn't she?

艾文: 對啊,她還真像個女超人,你說是不是?


Dave: 1) Failure just isn't an 2) option for her. I'm glad she's on our team.

戴夫: 失敗這兩個字不在她的字典裏。我很高興她跟我們是同一夥的。

語言詳解

A: Do I have any other options?

我有其他選擇嗎?

B: You have to pick them up at six A.M.

你得在早上六點的時候來拿。

【It's all coming down to...成敗攸關於……】

come down to是指情況到了最後成敗的關頭,短期內就要見真相:

A: It's all coming down to these last two days.

成敗就看這最後兩天了。

B: We can do it!

我們做得到的!

也可以指彼此的關係每況愈下,到達谷底:

A: I need more money. Give me some.

我還要錢。給我一點。

B: Has our relationship just come down to this-money?

我們的關係已走到了這樣,錢錢錢?

你也可以說It came down to the point where...以表示情勢的發展已至最後的臨界點:


A: It came down to the point where I had to make a decision.

事已至此,我得做出決定。

B: So you decided to quit your job and come here?

所以你決定辭職到這裏來?

1) failure (n.) 失敗

2) option (n.) 選擇