當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 23:你纔不要分心

職場社交英語 Lesson 23:你纔不要分心

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.98K 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 23:你纔不要分心

SCENE④ B 吉娜和戴夫在隔間裏

ing-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 23:你纔不要分心

【我纔不要分心】

Dave: Do you think maybe it would be better to just talk to Vince? Explain the situation?

戴夫: 你覺得去跟文斯說會不會好一點?解釋這整個情況?

Zina: No way. I want the satisfaction of 1) squishing this bug myself. Plus, what if it's Vince?

吉娜: 門都沒有。我要自己享受壓扁這隻蟲子的滿足感。而且若文斯就是那小子怎麼辦?

Dave: I don't think so. Your admirer seems kind of sweet. Aren't you even a little 2) curious about him?

戴夫: 不會吧。你那仰慕者似乎還蠻貼心的。難道你對他一點都不好奇?

Zina: He's just a 3) distraction, like a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I want no distractions.

吉娜: 他只會讓人分心,就像耳邊蚊子嗡嗡叫。我纔不要分心。

Dave: A little distraction might 4) do you some good, Zina.

戴夫: 稍微分點心或許對你有好處,吉娜。

語言詳解

A: Our two-year-old baby is always getting into trouble.

我們家那個兩歲的小鬼老是出狀況。

B: Two is the age when they start to get curious.

孩子就是從兩歲會開始好奇。

【a little curious 一點兒好奇】

a little 意思是“不多,但仍有一點”,如果是little,意思是“很少”,隱含否定之意。

A: There's still a little time. We can have another drink.

還有一點時間,我們可以再來一杯。

B: But there is little money with us.

但是我們沒有什麼錢了。

A: I think they would accept my credit card.

我想他們會接受我的信用卡。

1)quish (v.) 擠扁,壓扁

2) curious (a.) 感到好奇的

3) distraction (n.) 分心

4) do someone good 對某人有好處