當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 16:我不敢居功

職場社交英語 Lesson 16:我不敢居功

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.2W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 16:我不敢居功

SCENE② A 艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡前出現

職場社交英語 Lesson 16:我不敢居功

【我不敢居功】

Mary: Are you Elvin?

瑪莉: 你是艾文嗎?

Elvin: Elvin Dixon. Who are you?

艾文: 艾文迪克森。你是誰?

Mary: I'm Mary. I want to say I really 1) admire the software you're designed.

瑪莉: 我是瑪莉。我真的很欣賞你設計的軟件。

Elvin: Easy stuff. But thanks. And the 1)admiration is 2) mutual.

艾文: 簡單的玩意。不過還是謝了。這份欣賞是彼此彼此。

Mary: It is?

瑪莉: 真的?

Elvin: You're selling InfoKing 3) subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working 4) demo yet.

艾文: 你把“資訊王”的訂閱賣得如入無人之境。 而我們甚至連能用的樣品都還沒着落呢。

Mary: I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the 5) pro.

瑪莉: 我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她纔是高手。

語言詳解

A: Here's a demo of our product.

這是我們產品的樣品。

B: Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you.

謝謝。我看過之後再聯絡你。

【like nobody's business 如入無人之境】

like nobody's business可以用來表達“無人能出其右”,形容此人相當有一手:

A: They play the blues like nobody's business.

他們演奏藍調的技巧無人能敵。

B: I have to go and see them.

我一定要去看看他們。

【take the credit居功】

credit是“功勞,讚揚”的意思,take the credit就是指“因爲功勞而接受讚揚”,可以用在正面的“居功”。

A: Josh, you are amazing!

喬許,你真是令人不可思議!

B: I can't take the credit for this job. We all worked hard on it.

這工作我不能居功。大家都很努力。

1) admire (v.) 仰慕,欽羨;名詞是admiration

2) mutual (a.) 互相的

3) subscription (n.) 訂閱

4) demo (n.) (商品的)樣品,demonstration的略縮。

5) pro (n.) 專家,系professional 的略縮