當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 14:有誰一早就在這裏了

職場社交英語 Lesson 14:有誰一早就在這裏了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.72W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 14:有誰一早就在這裏了

SCENE① B 加州的資訊王辦公

職場社交英語 Lesson 14:有誰一早就在這裏了

【有誰一早就在這裏了?】

Zina: Who has been here already this morning?

吉娜: 今天有誰一早就在這裏了?

Dave: Well, Vince dropped off some sales reports for you. Said you signed a big deal with .

戴夫: 呃,文斯丟了一些銷售報告給你。說你簽下了這個大客戶。

Zina: They're 1) small fry. Tonight I'm going to LA to 2) negotiate with . That'll be big.

吉娜: 小菜一碟。我今晚要飛去洛杉磯跟協商。那可大了。

Dave: You're right. All the 3) entertainment web sites follow .

戴夫: 沒錯。所有的娛樂網站都以馬首是瞻。

Zina: Who else has been here?

吉娜: 還有誰到過這裏來?

Dave: Elvin stopped by to see me.

戴夫: 艾文順道過來找了我一會兒。

Zina: Elvin? Which one is he?

吉娜: 艾文?他是哪一個啊?

語言詳解

A: Did you sign a contract before agreeing to work for him?

在你同意爲他工作前先簽合約了嗎?

B: He told me we would do it later.

他說那個晚點兒 再籤。

【stop by 順道拜訪】

stop by是指你在要去一個地方的途中,因爲順路而到某人家拜訪:

A:I was going to the store and thought I would stop by.

我正要去店裏,就想可以順道過來。

B:I'm so glad you did!

我真高興你來了!

stop by也可以用來表達“稍作停留,不會久留”的意思:

A: I just stopped by to see if you needed anything.

我只是過來看一下你是否需要什麼。

B: I need some more cough medicine.

我還需要多一些咳嗽藥。

1) small fry 微不足道的事

2) negotiate (v.) 協商,協調

3) entertainment (n.) 娛樂