當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第39期:Actions Speak Louder Than Words 百說不如一干

一分鐘英語 第39期:Actions Speak Louder Than Words 百說不如一干

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.14W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute. Now, what would you think if you heard this?

一分鐘英語 第39期:Actions Speak Louder Than Words 百說不如一干
歡迎收聽本期的《一分鐘英語》。現在如果你聽到這個,你會怎麼認爲?

Actions speak louder than words.

Actions speak louder than words(百說不如一干)。

If you are just beginning to learn English, this might not make sense.

如果你纔剛剛開始學習英語,也許不太懂是什麼意思。

Let's listen and see if we can find out what this phrase means.

讓我們來一起聽段對話,找出該短語的意思吧。

You keep saying that you'll help me.

你總是說會幫我忙。

I am going to help you. Really, I am. You just have to wait a little while.

我是要幫助你呀。真的,我是真心實意的。你就等一會兒。

Well, we'll just wait and see. Actions speak louder than words.

好吧,我們就等等看。百說不如一干。(Actions speak louder than words)

It sounds like she needs to see action instead of words.

聽起來女主角需要的是行動,而不是空話。

And that's exactly what this phrase means.

這就是該短語的意思。

Actions speak louder than words means what you do is more important than what you say.

Actions speak louder than words意思是你說做比所說的重要。

And if you say you are going to do something, then you need to do it.

如果你說你要去做某事,然後你就要去做這件事。

This is a casual phrase. But it does have a strong meaning, especially in American business, where result are important .

這是一個非正式短語。但是在美式商務環境中,它也是有着很強烈的語義的,表示結果更爲重要。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。