當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:我爲什麼在三天的時間後決定嫁給這個人

雙語美文:我爲什麼在三天的時間後決定嫁給這個人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9K 次

3 nights ago a human being changed my world forever.

雙語美文:我爲什麼在三天的時間後決定嫁給這個人

三天前,一個我認識不久的人徹底顛覆了我的整個世界。



His name is Shane and I can't believe I found him.

他的名字叫Shane,真不敢相信我會遇到他。

 

We've been dating for about 4 months now and every day seems to be better then the last.

至今爲止我們已經交往了4個月了,每一天都很開心,而且比前一天更加開心。



From his sense of humor, to his amazing interests to his warm smile

無論是他幽默的談吐,他令人讚歎的學識,還是他溫暖的微笑,都讓我傾心不已



he's wonderful and cute.

總而言之,他是一個很棒的男人,還很萌萌噠呢。



But it wasn't until 3 nights ago that I realized how in love with him I am

直到三天之前,我才意識到,自己已經深深的愛上了他



because of a single act of kindness.

僅僅是因爲他的一個小小的善舉



We were having date night and he's trying to suprise me with a salsa class.

那天晚上我們正在約會,他還給我預定了一節薩爾薩舞的課堂作爲驚喜。



He heard me say on our first date I always found dancing amazing

從我們第一次約會起,他就聽我說過,我覺得舞蹈這種藝術非常了不起



and wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was young

我說過自己小的時候一直夢想着能成爲一名芭蕾舞演員



but I never got the chance.

可是我從沒有機會實現這個夢想



Now at 29 I figure salsa or something would be more fun.

我告訴過他,如今,29歲了,我覺得薩爾薩舞之類的會更有意思。



So he decided to sign us up and we would begin classes.

所以他決定給我們倆報名學習薩爾薩舞。



On our walk we were about to get on the subway until it happened.

我們一起散步,走到地鐵站附近的時候,那件事發生了。



I was talking and I kept noticing he was looking over at someone not listening.

我正絮絮叨叨的對他說着什麼,他卻側目看着某個人,沒有注意我說的話。



Finally he said I'm sorry babe can you give me a second I need to check something.

最後他對我說,對不起,寶貝,你能等我一會兒嗎,我得去看一看。



He walks over to a young girl maybe 19-20 years old

他朝一個看上去大概十九,二十歲左右的年輕女孩走去,



who was crying on a bench in the subway.

她正坐在地鐵站的長凳上哭泣



As I approached I realized she was homeless for some time

我走過去,發現她已經離家多日了



and all she had was a single bag.

她全部的所有物就是一隻揹包



She said to him all she wanted to do was to go home.

她告訴她,她唯一的願望就是回家



He asked where she lived and it wasn’t even in the city.

他問她住在哪裏,不料她的家遠在另一個城市



She was in need and looked scared.

看來她真的需要幫助,而且十分惶惶不安



So in this moment many would either hand some money over or wish her luck or maybe let her make a call.

在這種情況下,許多人大概會給她一點錢,或者祝她好運,又或者把手機借給她用一下



Shane did much more.

Shane卻做得更多



He pulls me aside looks me right in the eyes and says

他把我拉到一旁,直視着我的眼睛對我說



"Kelly I can't leave her here like this.“

Kelly我不能把她丟在這兒不管



I know it's weird but I've been really down before too

我知道這聽起來來很奇怪,可是,我也經歷過這樣的困境,真的



and sometimes people just need someone to not only help

遇到這種情況,人不僅需要幫助



but believe they're telling the truth.

更需要別人相信他們在說實話



He said would u mind if postponed and help her?

他問我願不願意暫時推遲約會,先去幫助她?



I said of course no so the journey began.

我說當然可以,於是這一夜的經歷就開始了



We went to two women's shelters with her

我們帶着女孩去了兩個婦女庇護所


and to no avail they weren't taking anymore people.

結果都無功而返,對方都不願意再接納新的來客了



It was a bit cold and well we're not the richest people with our student loans

天氣有些冷,我們都是揹負着教育貸款的學生,自己也不富裕



so we really couldn't afford to pay for a hotel room in the city.

所以我們支付不起酒店房間的費用



So Shane with his trusting heart of gold says would I mind spending the night at his place and asking her to stay with us.

可是Shane有一顆金子般的赤子之心,他問我是否介意在他住的地方過一夜,還請我去邀請女孩一同前往



He figured she would feel comfortable with a girl asking her

他想到,由我作爲一個女孩子去問那個女生



if she'd like to spend the night and we'd figure it out in the morning.

問她是否願意和我們共度一晚,明早再找新的辦法,這樣對方更容易接受



I mean here I am with a guy I'm starting to fall for

想想看,此時此刻,我和一個自己愛上的男人在一起



and he's willing to bring a stranger in for the night out of the cold.

而他去要把一個陌生人帶回家去,以躲避夜晚的嚴寒



When I asked her she truly weeped and thanked me a million times

當我問她是否願意和我們一起共度一晚時,她真的哭了起來,不停的向我道謝



but little did she know it wasn't my idea and honestly I'd of never of done this.

她不知道,這其實不是我的注意,而且坦誠的說,我從沒做過這種事



But he has this gravity about him that just pulls you in.

可是他就是有這種感染力,能讓你投身到這樣的善舉之中



We get to Shane's house and I have some clothes there

我們來到了Shane家,幸好我在他家留了一些換洗的衣服



so I gave her some stuff that would fit and let her get a shower.

我挑了幾件合身的衣服交給她,



In the meantime Shane ordered pizza

在此期間,Shane買了披薩餅



and when she came out he made her feel so cozy like he'd known her for 100 years.

女孩洗完澡出來的識貨,他周到招待,好像他在招待一位認識多年的老友一般



We ate pizza, we played a board game, we laughed

我們吃了披薩餅,玩了桌牌遊戲,開懷大笑



and then he made her hot tea and we watched his favorite movie The Big Lebowski.

接着他給她泡了熱茶,我們一起看了他最喜歡的電影,《謀殺綠腳趾》



He made the couch up for her and we went to bed.

他把沙發佈置了一番,讓她睡在沙發上,接着我們都去睡覺了



In the morning he made us all breakfast and then told us he'd be right back.

到了早上,他爲我們做了早餐,告訴我們他要出門一會兒,很快就回



He said he was getting us good coffee.

他說,他要求給我們買上好的咖啡



He comes back

不久他回來了



and she was finally able to get a hold of her sister on someone's phone in her home town

她也聯繫上了她家鄉的一個不認識的陌生人,並通過此人終於聯繫上了她的姐姐



and she had a place to go.

她終於有地方可去了



Shane drives her to the bus station and buys her a ticket and hands her an envelope.

開車把她送到了公汽站,爲她買了車票,還把一個信封交到她手中



Here I found out, when asking where he was today, he'd gone down to the pawn shop

我問他今天早上到底幹什麼去了,這時我才知道,他去了一趟當鋪,



and pawned his iPad to give her 120 bucks to get home

他當掉了自己的iPad,換來120美金,讓她可以回家



This man gave his home, his time, his care, his money and his food to a complete stranger.

對一個素不相識的陌生人,這個男人奉獻出了自己的住所,他的時間,他的關心照顧,他的錢還有食物



He trusted her that she wanted to go home and just needed help.

他相信她,相信她真的只是想回家,真的需要幫助



He changed how I view the world and in that moment I fell so deeply in love with him.

是他改變了我對整個世界的看法,此刻我感到自己深深的愛上了他



I don't even know how to show him what this meant to me but I know I will become more like him.

我甚至不知道應該如何告訴他,這件事對我有多麼重要的意義,我只知道,我希望自己能變得和他一樣


相關文章