BEC高級真題第1輯精聽:Test1 Part Two(1)
BEC高級考試中,聽力部分可以説是很多同學做起來最困難的,今天小編為大家帶來BEC高級聽力真題,一起來做聽力練習吧!
聽力原文:
Man: I'm a one-man, small business. Very small.
男:我經營的是一個小企業,就一個人,規模非常小。
It was terrible at first. Nobody wanted to know.
經營之初,情況很糟糕。不會有人想知道的。
Construction's the first thing to be hit when there's a recession.
經濟衰退時,建築業首先受到衝擊。
No-one wants new houses, schools, nothing.
沒有人想要新房子、新學校,人們什麼都不想要。
I just took a chance that if there was no new project going on then at least people would want repairs.
我只是想碰碰運氣,如果沒有新項目,至少看看人們是否想給房屋做些修繕工作。
I tried the banks but i couldn't get any help from them. Nothing. No interest.
我試着找過銀行,但他們不能幫我。什麼都要不來,他們一點也不感興趣。
Must have gone to twenty of them.
我都去過20多家了。
I'd even done research. Showed them there was a demand for my work.
我甚至還做過研究,向他們展示我的工作是有需求市場的。
But they're not interested in small firms.
但他們對小公司不感興趣。
Lucky I had a brother and an uncle with a bit of money who were willing to help me out.
幸好我有一個哥哥和一個叔叔,他們有一些錢,願意幫助我。
They lent me enough to get going. Now I'm doing OK.
他們借給了我公司運營需要的錢,現在我的業務都正常。
Woman: I did everything by the book - projections, product research. I did the lot.
女:我按照書本上講的,做預測和產品研發等所有事情。我都做過了。
Then I went round the local offices and noticed there was a niche in my part of town for another take-away.
然後走訪當地的公司,注意到在我居住的地方還有個做外賣的商機。
So I decided to go for it. I thought about sandwiches at first but then I knew it had to be hamburgers.
所以我決定試一試。我開始想到的是賣三明治,但後來意識到應該是漢堡。
What else! 90% of people I talked to said there would be a demand.
還能有什麼呢!和我談過的人中,90%説會有需求。
I didn't have any money so I approached a big company - one of the most famous in the world for this kind of business.
我沒錢,所以我找了一家大公司,是全球此類公司中最有名的一家。
I did a business plan and after a lot of work they took me on.
我編制了一份商業計劃,在做了很多工作之後,他們同意我加盟經營。
I joined the franchise scheme.
我加入了特許經營計劃。
You know - where you borrow from the big company, use their name and pay them back from your profits.
就是大公司借給你錢,使用他們的名字,再用你的利潤償還給他們。
And I must say, it's been very successful, so far.
我必須説,到目前為止,公司經營得非常成功。
Very hard work, but well worth it.
工作很艱辛,但卻很值得。