迷你對話學地道口語第1920期:對某人心中有數,知道某人的底細
第一,情景對話
A: I was wondering if you could give me a day off.
你能不能給我一天假?
B: What for?
為什?
A: I'll have to rewrite my thesis. That will take much time.
我得重新寫論文,那要花很多時間。
B: Stop trying to fool me. I have your number.
別想糊弄我,我清楚你的底細。
第二,詞海拾貝
have one’s number
exp. To understand or know someone or something well enough to anticipate what they will do. (心中有數,知道某人的底細)
e.g. Oh, don't worry — I won't let him cheat me. I've had his number.
哦,別擔心,我不會讓他欺騙我的。我清楚他的底細。
e.g. Oh, don't worry, I've had his number—he's a typical brat.
別擔心,我非常瞭解他,他是個典型的小淘氣。
e.g. I have his number. He enjoys less popularity than most other professors.
我知道他的底細,他不如其他的教授那樣受歡迎。
第三,語彙積累
take much time:花費很多時間
What for? 為何?為什麼?
give someone one day off:給某人一天的請假