迷你對話學地道口語第272期:眼不見,心不煩
迷你對話:
A: I hear that Tom got divorced, and I don’t know how he is now.
我聽說Tom離婚了。
B: Out of sight, out of mind.
眼不見,心不煩。
A: Who do you mean?
此話怎講?
B: Don’t you know they have had little affection for each other?
難道你不知道嗎?他們夫妻感情一直不好。
地道表達:out of sight, out of mind
解詞釋義:If you do not see someone or something frequently, you will forget about it. (Sometimes used to imply that you will forget about people who have moved away.) 翻譯為:眼不見,心不煩。
支援範例:
She promised to write when she moved to another state, but she hasn't.I suppose it's a case of being out of sight, out of mind.
她答應過到另一個州後會寫信來的,可是她並沒有寫。我想這說明眼不見,心不想,不見到的人會很快被人忘了的。
My husband is very attentive when he's at home, but when he's away on business he never even thinks to phone me - out of sight out to mind.
我丈夫在家時對我很關心,但一出差從不想著給我打電話——真是眼不見,心不想。
You'll soon forget about him after he leaves - out of sight, out of mind.
他離開之後,你很快會忘卻她的,眼不見,心不想。
詞海拾貝:
have affection for:對......有感情
講解:對話中提到的是have little affection for each other意思是彼此之間幾乎沒有感情。注意affection做“感情”這個意思解釋時,是不可數名詞,也屬於抽象性名詞,在其前面可以加些修飾詞有不同的意思。例如:have deep affection for each other(感情彌篤), to have tender affection for sb. (憐愛)have genuine affection for sb.(真愛)等。
支援範例:Do you have sincere affection for him?
你真對他有意嗎?
As I have already told you I have an instinctive affection for him, the source of which I cannot explain to you.
就象我已經跟你說過的,我對他有一種油然生髮的愛,這種愛的來源我沒法向你解釋。
If you have any of your old affection for me, do what you can.
只要你對我還懷有一點點舊日的感情,你就盡力而為吧。
特別宣告:該節目中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,其餘部分均為可可編輯編寫。如有出入,請給予指正。