當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 計算機英語 > 怎樣用英語交流計算機知識

怎樣用英語交流計算機知識

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.18W 次

下面是本站小編整理的用英語交流計算機知識的句型,供廣大學者參考。

怎樣用英語交流計算機知識

  1.計算機系統 Computer System

Dialogue 1

A: Hey, Bill. Can you tell what's wrong with my computer?

嘿,比爾。你看看我的電腦出了什麼問題嗎?

I can't move the mouse, I can't use the keyboard. Nothing is working right.

鼠標不動了,鍵盤也沒辦法打。什麼都不對勁。

B: Hmmm It’s like your hard drive crashed.

嗯……看來好像是死機了。

A: That sounds bad.

聽起來很糟糕。

B: Well, if you didn't save your work, you might lose the most recent changes you've made it shouldn't be too bad.

嗯,如果你沒有存檔,最近做的更改恐怕就會不見了,不過應該不會太糟。

You just need to reboot your computer.

你只要重開機就好了。

Dialogue 2

A: Oh, no! I can't remember where I saved my file, and there are too many directories on my hard drive.

哎,糟了!我記不得把文件存到哪裏去了,硬盤裏的目錄又這麼多。

I'll never find it!

我永遠也找不到了!

B: Do you remember the name of your file?

你還記得文件名吧?

A: I named it Term Paper.

我給它取名"學期論文"。

B: Just click on the Start button at the left bottom of your screen.

你只要點一下屏幕左下角的"開始"按鈕。

Then you'll see an item called Find.

就會看到"查找"項。

Click on that and type in the name of your document.

在它上面點一下然後把文件名打進去。

The computer will help you find it immediately!

電腦很快就會替你找出來了!

Dialogue 3

A: What's the best kind of printer to buy?

打印機買哪一種最好?

B: That depends on what you want to print.

那要看打印什麼。

A: I guess that makes sense.

有道理。

I mostly print word documents and some Power Point files.

我大半都打印Word文檔和Power Point文檔。

B: In that case I would suggest a color bubble-jet printer.

如果那樣,我建議買彩色噴墨打印機。

They're usually pretty cheap and compact, but they produce sufficient graphic quality to print Power Point files.

一般都很便宜而又精巧,用它打印圖表的質量用來打印Power Point一點也不會差。

  Dialogue 4

A: I've decided to buy a CD writer.

我決定買一臺CD刻錄機。

B: What are you going to do with that?

做什麼用呢?

A: I enjoy photography, and I've decided to start storing my pictures on CD-ROM.

我喜歡攝影,我決定開始把我的照片用CD-ROM儲存起來。

2. 辦公自動化 Automatic Office System

  Dialogue 1

A: I think I need to learn how to type.

我想我需要練習打字。

B: Don't you know how to already?

你不是已經會打了嗎?

A: Well, I can type, but I have to look at the keys.

嗯,我是會打,但必須看着鍵盤打。

B: Doesn't that slow you down?

這會讓你慢下來吧?

A: It does, and now that so much work is done on the computer; it affects the way I do my job.

是啊,而且現在好多工作都是在電腦上做的,這會影響我工作的方式。

  Dialogue 2

A: Did you say you're going to the computer store this afternoon?

你說今天下午要去電腦店?

B: Yes, Did you want me to pick something up for you?

是啊,有什麼要我幫你買的嗎?

A: Yeah, Could you pick up some floppies?

有啊,幫我買幾個軟盤好嗎?

B: Sure, 1.4 Meg double density?

好的,1.4兆,雙密度的?

A: Right, Get me 10 of them.

對,幫我買10盤。

  Dialogue 3

A: What’s that sound?

那是什麼聲音?

B: Oh, my computer's new screen saver plays music. Do you like it?

哦,那是我的新電腦屏幕保護程序發出的音樂。喜歡嗎?

  Dialogue 4

A: When you're looking for something on the web, what search engine do you usually use?

你上網找東西時,通常會用什麼搜索引擎?

B: I usually use several different search engines at the same time.

我通常會同時使用幾種不同的搜索引擎。

Different sites are registered with different search engines, and different engines use different logic to search.

不同的搜索引擎所登記的網站並不一樣而且不同的搜索引擎使用不同的邏輯來搜索,

so they will all turn up different results.

所得的結果就不一樣。

3. 計算機病毒Computer Virus

  Dialogue 1

A: Do you have virus protection software on your PC?

你的電腦有防毒軟件嗎?

B: No, I'm always installing new software, and getting rid of old programs.

沒有,我一向裝用新軟件,舊的程序則刪除。

Virus protection software usually makes that more of a hassle.

防毒軟件往往只會增加麻煩。

A: But what will you do if you get a virus?

不過萬一染上病毒怎麼辦?

B: I guess I'll just reformat my hard drive and start over.

我想我會把硬盤再格式化一次,然後重新開始。

  Dialogue 2

A: Computer prices are really coming down.

電腦價格一直在下降。

B: Not for me they're not.

對我纔不是呢。

A: What do you mean?

怎麼回事?

B:I mean my wife has discovered how to shop on the web!

我是說我太太發現瞭如何上網“購物”啦!

  Dialogue 3

This is a mouse, With the mouse we can move the cursor very quickly.

這是鼠標,用它可以快速移動光標。

Look at the screen; see the little line that blinks?

你看屏幕,看見那個閃爍的小線沒有?

That's the cursor.

那就是光標。

You can begin to type there.

你可以從那兒開始打字。

B: But I don't want to type there.

可是我不要在那兒打。

A: Then move the cursor.

那就移動光標。

Watch, I'll hold the mouse in my hand.

注意看,我手握鼠標。

Now I'll move it across the table.

然後在桌面上移動。

See the cursor move?

看見光標動了吧?

  Dialogue 4

A: I tried to copy a letter to another disk.

我試着把一封信拷貝到另一個磁盤。

But I pressed the wrong key.

但是按錯了鍵。

I erased my most important letter.

把最要緊的信給刪除了。

B: That's all right.

不要緊。

We always have a backup copy.

我們一向有備份。

A: I don't know .I deleted the backup, too.

我不知道行不行。我把備份也刪除了。

B: Well, we still have a hard copy.

哦,我們還有輸出的副本。

It's in the file cabinet.

它就在檔案櫃裏。

4. 計算機軟件 Computer Software

  Dialogue 1

A: I don't understand how to use this new software?? .

我不懂這軟件怎麼用。

B: Didn't you read the user's manual?

你看過使用手冊沒有?

A: No, I bought a bootleg version, so I don't have a manual.

沒有。我買的是盜版,沒有使用手冊?

B: That’s why you should only use original software.

所以纔要買正版的嗎。

  Dialogue 2

A: Have you ever used a computer dating service?

你有沒有用過電腦交友服務?

B: No, have you?

沒有,你呢?

A: I posted my information on a couple different sites, and I've started up some nice e-mail conversations with several people.

我的資料曾經上了幾個不同的網站,我也開始跟幾個人用E-mail交談,蠻好的。

  Dialogue 3

A: So, why don't you try a computer dating service?

你怎麼不試試交友呢?

B: First of all, it's too impersonal.

首先,這種事很沒有人情味。

Second, how do you know the person on the other end is telling you the truth?

再說,你如何知道另一端的那個人說的是真話?

They could just be making things up all the time and you would be getting to know someone who doesn't really exist.

也許從頭到尾只是在瞎編,結果你“認識”的是一個不存在的人。

A: You're right.

你說的沒錯。

I guess computer dating has its bad sides, but it's still a funny way to meet people.

我想電腦交友也有它不好的一面,不過這種交友方式是挺有趣的。

  Dialogue 4

A: My phone bill is too expensive.

我的電話費好高。

B: Maybe you should get one of those Internet telephone systems.

也許你應該弄個網絡電話系統。

A: That's to say you both dial into the Internet so you only have to pay for a local phone call, right?

那樣雙方就可以撥進網絡,但只付市內電話費就可以了。

5.計算機是如何工作的?How does a computer work?

  Dialogue 1

A: Mark, your computer has just turned off all by itself!

馬克,你的電腦剛剛自己關掉了!

B: Actually, it just went into energy saver mode.

其實,它只是進入省電狀態罷了。

A: Energy saver mode, what's that?

省電狀態?那是什麼?

B: If the processor hasn't received any input for a certain period of time, it turns off the monitor.

如果處理器有一段時間沒有接到任何輸入的話,就會把顯示器關掉。

All you have to do to turn it on again is move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.

想要再打開,只要動一下鼠標或碰一下鍵盤上任何一個鍵就可以了。

  Dialogue 2

A: So, you've decided to get a laptop computer?

那麼,你決定買筆記本電腦了?

B: That's right, it’s more expensive and harder to fix, but I'm on the road so much.

是的。雖然比較貴而且也不太容易維修,不過我經常跑來跑去。

I have to have something I can take with me.

我必須要買可以隨身攜帶的。

  Dialogue 3

A: Did you get your new laptop yet?

你買新筆記本電腦了沒有?

B: No, I've done some shopping, but it's hard to decide.

沒有。我逛了一下,可是很難決定。

A: Why's that?

爲什麼?

B: Well, I've found one that I like quite a bit, It has 15-inch screen with good resolution.

嗯,我看到了一臺很喜歡的。15英寸的屏幕,解析度不錯。

But it doesn't have a built-in-CD-ROM.

但沒有內置的光盤驅動器。

The other has both a floppy drive and CD-ROM?built-in.

另外一臺,含有內置的軟件盤驅動器以及光盤驅動器。

But the screen is small and it's just too heavy.

不過屏幕太小了,而且也太重。

A: I guess you can't have the best of both worlds.

我想魚與熊掌難以兼得。

B: I guess not.

我想也是。

Dialogue?? 4

A: I like storing my pictures on disc because it gives me lots of options.

我喜歡把照片儲存在CD中,有很多的方便。

B: What sort of options does it give you?

什麼樣的方便呢?

A: Well, first of all, it provides a safe, compact place to store them.

嗯,首先,它提供一個安全而集中的儲存空間。

Second, I can do lots of fun things with them with the image-editing software I have.

第二,我可以利用現有的攝像編輯軟件做出很多有趣的事來。

B: Is there anything else?

還有呢?

A: Well, if I want to, I can print them out later.

哦,如果需要,事後也可以把它們印出來,

Or I can also use the computer to present them as a slide show for my friends.

或者也可以直接在電腦屏幕上放出來給朋友看,就像放幻燈片一樣。

6. 計算機硬件 Computer Hardware

Dialogue 1

A: I thought computers were supposed to make your life more convenient.

我想電腦應該是讓人的生活更方便纔是。

But it seems like I spend half my time waiting for it to do something.

可是我大半時間好像都花在等着它做事。

Why is it so slow?

怎麼會這麼慢呢?

How much RAM do you have?

你的內存是多麼?

A: I think I have 8 Megs.

我想是8兆吧。

B: That's your problem.

問題就在這裏。

If you want Windows 95 to run smoothly, you need at least 16.

視窗95想要跑得順暢,至少要16兆。

Dialogue 2

A: I have 16 Megs now. And most things work better, but my Internet connection is still really slow.

我現在是16兆了,情況大致已有改善,只是上網仍舊很慢。

Is there anything that I can do?

怎麼辦?

B: Let's see, Your modem is only a 14.4.

我來看看。你的調制解調器只有14.4。

If you want your Internet connection to speed up, you'll have to get a faster modem

上網想快,就得弄一臺速度快一點的調制解調器。

Dialogue 3

A: I can't seem to get my mouse to work properly.

我的鼠標好像不怎麼好用。

First it moves and then, all of a sudden, it jerks all the way across the screen.

先是動得很慢,然後突然地又一下子從屏幕上劃過。

What can I do?

怎麼辦?

B: Here, let me see.

來,我來看看。

Open the mouse and takes out the ball.

(找開鼠標,取出圓球)

Do you see these contacts here?

看到這些接觸點沒有?

A: Yes, They look pretty dirty.

是的,看起來好髒。

B: That's right.

不錯。

Let me clean those for you, and you'll be back to normal in no time.

我幫你清一清,馬上就可以恢復正常了。

Dialogue 4

A: My friends sent me this new audio--player program, but I can't get it to load properly.

朋友送我這新的播放程序,可是我裝不好。

B: The instruction says that this player requires a 32 bit sound card.

手冊上說這播放器需要32位的聲卡。

A: A 32-bit sound card?

32位的聲卡?

Mine is only 16-bit.

我的只有16位。

B: That's your problem right there.

問題就在這裏。

If you want this new software to work, you'll have to upgrade your hardware too.

如果想要這新軟件能夠用,硬件也必須升級。

7. 數據庫管理系統 Database Management System

Dialogue 1

A: Hey, Greg, Check out my new wallpaper!

嘿,Greg,看一下我屏幕的新背景畫面!

I scanned a bunch of pictures from our trip to Hawaii last summer.

我把去年夏天到夏威夷旅遊的一堆照片掃了進去。

B: I like it it must take up a lot of memory.

不錯嘛,可是一定佔了不少的硬盤空間。

A: It's not too bad, besides I've got a 20 Gig hard drive. so I've got plenty of room

還好,再說我的硬盤容量有20G,所以還有不少的空間。

Dialogue 2

A: Something is wrong with my computer screen.

我的電腦屏幕有點不對勁。

Everything looks yellow.

一切都變黃了。

B: Try wiggling the cable that attaches it to your computer.

把連接電腦的那條線搖搖看。

A: Hey, it worked!

嘿,好了!

B: Sometimes that happens when the cable gets old and the connection isn't as good.

有時候電線老化,接觸不良時就會這樣。

Dialogue 3

A: I keep getting so much spam in my e-mail.

我不斷收到大量的電子垃圾郵件。

What can I do about it?

有什麼辦法嗎?

B: If your account has filters, you can block certain senders, or re-route mail with certain content to a different folder.

如果你的賬號有過濾器,就可以擋掉一下,不然就把某些內容的郵件改投至另一個文件夾。

A: I think my account does have filters; I'll have to check that out.

我想我的賬號是有過濾器的,我來查查看。

Dialogue 4

A:? You're going to be gone for 3 weeks?

你將離開三個星期是不是?

B: That's right.

是的。

A: You'll have a lot of e-mail to catch up with when you get back.

等你回來時一定有一大堆e-mail等着你。

B: Actually, I'll have all my mail forwarded to a web-based account while I'm gone.

其實,我不在的時候,我會將所有郵件都轉發到網絡基地賬戶內。

That way, I can keep up with it anywhere I can get on the Internet.

這樣的話,不論人走到哪裏,只要上得了網就可以隨時讀取了。

8. 信息高速公路 Information Express Way

Dialogue 1

A: Computers are really spreading quickly; I just found the web site of the high school I attended.

電腦發展得可真快。最近我發現了以前唸的那所高中的網站。

B: Lots of schools have their own web sites.

很多學校都有自己的網站了。

A: That's true, but when I was in high school, we just had a few computers, and now it looks like the whole school is computerized.

是啊,以前念高中時學校只有寥寥幾臺電腦,現在好像整個學校都電腦化了。

Dialogue 2

A: So, tell me again what this new job you’re taking is?

再告訴我一次,你現在的新工作是什麼?

B: I'll be doing web design.

我在做網頁設計。

A: Web design? That sounds like work for a spider?

網頁設計?聽起來好像在替蜘蛛工作。

B: I'm talking about designing pages for the World Wide Web; the Internet.

我說的是替國際網絡萬維網設計網頁。

Dialogue 3

A: Why does a company need a web site?

爲何公司需要網站?

B: Not all companies need a web site, but it can be very helpful in lots of ways.

不是每家公司都需要網站,不過在很多方面倒是很有幫助的。

For instance, many people search the web when they are looking for a place to buy something.

譬如說,有很多人想買東西時就會上網搜索,

and if your company has a good web site ,you are much more likely to get that customer's business.

如果你的公司有個不錯的網站,生意就很可能做起來了。

Dialogue 4

A: I don't understand why this E-mail keeps getting returned to me.

我不明白,爲什麼這封E-mail老是被退回來。

I've checked the address and I know it's correct.

我查過了網址,沒有錯啊。

B: Maybe there's something wrong with your friend's mail server.

也許你朋友的電子郵件服務器有問題。

If that's the case the mail won't get through.

如果是那樣,郵件就發不過去。