當前位置

首頁 > 英語詞彙 > 英語單詞 > bec中級口語練習素材整理

bec中級口語練習素材整理

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.83K 次

熟能生巧,口語需要多加練習。爲了幫助大家提高自己的口語,小編在在這裏給大家帶來了bec中級口語練習素材整理,望喜歡。

bec中級口語練習素材整理

商務英語口語:她整個人熱力四射

SCENE② B 艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡前出現

【她整個人熱力四射】

Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?

艾文: 她整個人熱力四射,對吧?

Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.

瑪莉: 沒有事情能擋得住她。我跟她學了好多。

Elvin: What's it like to work with her?

艾文: 跟她共事是啥感覺?

Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.

瑪莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜歡那樣。我是說,我知道我們的時間很緊。

Elvin: Tell me about it.

艾文: 這還用說。

Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.

瑪莉: 我知道你們都在二十四小時趕工。那個坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人從沒離開過。

Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.

艾文: 文斯要我們把程序錯誤全部修正,準備在月底前上線。

語言詳解

A: Your mother is so demanding!

你媽媽的要求真高!

B: That's what my dad always says.

我爸爸也總是這麼說。

【around the clock 日以繼夜】

由clock 組成的成語除了around the clock 之外,另有一個against the clock“趕時間”。

A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?

佛蘭克,爲什麼你們工廠這個月要日以繼夜地趕貨?

B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.

我們最近收到相當多訂單,都要這一季出貨。

A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.

換句話說,你們現在全都在趕時間。

B: You're right.

你說對了。

1) mega-intense intense是指“緊張的、一觸即發的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相當多”的意思,亦指 “百萬的”,如 megabyte“百萬位元組”。

2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的

3) debug (v.) (電腦)除蟲,指修正電腦程序中的錯誤。

  商務英語口語:我們得要搶先完成

SCENE② C 艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡前出現

【我們得要搶先完成】

Mary: Is it true that one of our 1) competitors is planning to 2) launch their 3) tracking service next month?

瑪莉: 聽說我們有個競爭對手打算下個月推出監測流量的服務,這是真的還是假的?

Elvin: That would be "WebTracker". We're heard they're almost ready. That's why we have to finish first.

艾文: 你說的是“網路搜尋家”。聽說他們幾乎準備好了。所以我們得要搶先完成。

Mary: Or they'll take over the market before we even get started.

瑪莉: 否則在我們還沒來得及開始之前,他們就會佔去整個市場。

Elvin: Right. And that would be a total 4) giga-bummer.

艾文: 沒錯。到時就一敗塗地了。

Mary: I guess we'd better get back to work.

瑪莉: 我猜我們最好趕快回去工作吧

語言詳解

A: You have such a strange accent. Where are you from?

你的口音奇怪。你是哪裏人?

B: Take a guess.

猜猜看。

【take over 接掌、佔據】

take over 表達商務上或軍事上的“接掌、佔據”。

A: Once again, the military has taken over the African country.

又一次軍方接管了那個非洲國家。

B: Do you think that'll interrupt your plan of taking over the market there?

你想這會干擾到你要掌控該地市場的計劃嗎?

A: Maybe and maybe not. I just have to wait and see.

或許會,或許不會。我只有等着瞧了。

1) competitor (n.) 競爭者

2) launch (v.) 事業登場,投入市場

3) tracking service 監控服務,此指“監控網站流量的服務”。

4) giga-bummer bummer是指“倒黴、不幸的遭遇”, giga這個“字首” 是指“十億”,意即“非常巨大,非常多”。

  商務英語口語:他看不到大局

SCENE④ B 在吉娜的隔間

【他看不到大局】

Dave: That's what made Elvin so mad. I think he wants to 1) strangle you.

戴夫: 艾文就是因爲這檔事而氣急敗壞。我想他要把你勒死。

Zina: Oh, Elvin doesn't know anything. He can't see the big picture.

吉娜: 喔,艾文啥都不懂。他看不到大局。

Dave: Well, he doesn't know that you 2) recruited extra programmers. How did you 3) manage that?

戴夫: 呃,他不知道你又新招募了程序設計師。你是怎麼辦到的?

Zina: I just sat down with the 4) venture capitalist boys from Vikam and asked for more money.

吉娜: 我只是跟我們的投資方 “維康”的那些人坐下來,跟他們多要了些錢。

Dave: Can you do that? Isn't this Vince's company?

戴夫: 你這樣行嗎?這不是文斯的公司嗎?

Zina: 5) For now it is.

吉娜: 暫時是。

Dave: Uh-oh. Here comes Elvin.

戴夫: 不妙。艾文來了。

語言詳解

A: Arnold began managing his own company at the age of 23.

阿諾二十三歲就管理他自己的公司。

B: He must be a genius.

他一定是個天才。

【He can't see the big picture. 他看不到大局。】

big picture是“全局,大局”的意思,can't see the big picture是指僅能着眼於眼前發生的事,無法看出事物的整體性,沒有綜觀全局,長期規劃的能力

A: We'll only be able to pay everyone's salaries after our business establishes itself.

唯有在開始營運之後,我們才能付大家薪水。

B: But Johnnie can't see the big picture. He's unwilling to wait. He wants to get paid now.

不過強尼看不到大局。他不願意等。他現在就要拿薪水。

你也可以勸告、建議他人look at the big picture“從大處着眼,衡量全局”。

A: I want all our employees to get equal pay.

我要我們所有的員工都拿一樣多的薪水。

B: You've got to look at the big picture. It's just not possible right now.

你得要衡量全局。這在目前是不可能的。

1) trangle (v.) 勒死,使窒息

2) recruit (v.) 僱用,招募

3) manage (v.) 管理,控制

4) venture capitalist 提供創業投資的投資方

5) for now 目前,暫時