當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 魔鬼口語1000句(74):假裝神聖

魔鬼口語1000句(74):假裝神聖

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.62W 次

padding-bottom: 67.22%;">魔鬼口語1000句(74):假裝神聖

1. Kudos, man.
行啊,你小子。

2. You sound sanctimonious.
別假裝神聖。

3. She’s meek and mild.
她很溫柔。

4. You must have the Midas touch.
你真是太會賺錢了。
►the Midas touch 點石成金,賺大錢的本領
在希臘神話中,Midas是具有點石成金魔力的傳奇人物

5. Everything will fall into place.
一切就會迎刃而解。
►fall into place (開始)形成有條不紊、一目瞭然的格局,變得有條不紊(或清清楚楚)
e.g. Once I knew he had a thing for her, everything fell into place. 知道他對她有意思,我才終於恍然大悟。
Cos when I look at my life (因爲當我回顧一生)
How the pieces fall into place (生命的片段逐漸被理解)
It just wouldn't rhyme without you (但是沒有了你,我的生命則不再律動)

6. There’s no point in beating your chest.
捶胸頓足有什麼用?
►beat one's chest 捶胸頓足

7. I’m going to up the ante.
我準備加大賭注。
►up the ante 提價;增加賭注;提更多的要求

8. Little headway has been made.
還沒什麼進展。

9. You should take criticism in your stride.
你得對批評刀槍不入。
►take something in one's stride 從容(或輕易)地對付某事,毫不費力地做某事

10. A bunch of Philistines.
一幫俗人!