當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 祝你提升魅力的英語口語

祝你提升魅力的英語口語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.88W 次

祝你提升魅力的英語口語


I hate to burst your bubble.

burst one' s bubble :打破幻想


A: I dream of going to study at Harvard University.

我夢想能到哈佛讀書.

B: I' m sorry to burst your bubble, but your grades are too low. You' ll never get accepted to Harvard.

我抱歉我打碎你的美夢,你分太低,哈佛不會錄取你的.

My little sister thinks that Santa Claus is real. Don' t burst her bubble by telling her that he isn' t.

我妹妹認爲聖誕老人是真的,別告訴她那是假的以免她失望.




Alone on the streets you don' t stand a chance.

stand a chance:有機會


He stands a good chance of getting that job. He is very qualified.

他很有機會得到這個工作,因爲他很有資格.

You don' t stand a chance of losing weight if you eat at McDonald' s everyday!

你要是天天吃M,是沒可能減肥的.




I' m feelig a little left out.

left out:被遺忘了


I felt left out when Lily forgot to invite me to her birthday party.

Lily忘了生日聚會請我,我覺得自己被遺忘了.

Jason didn' t go camping with us last weekend, so I think he feels left out when we talk about the trip.

Jason上週末沒參加露營,所以當我們談論那次行程的時候感覺他被我們遺忘了.




We' re going to make it Rose.

make it:達到目標

I didn' t think I was going to make it through the exam, it was so hard!

我沒想到能通過考試,太難了!

He went to Hollywood to try and make it as an actor.

他到好萊塢去試試看能不能當個演員.



A strongly worded letter.

strongly worded:語言過激的


After I was fired, I wrote my boss a strongly worded letter.

我被辭之後,我給老闆寫了一封措辭強烈的信.

My dad and I had a strongly worded argument when I told him I wanted to drop out of school.

我告訴爸爸我想輟學時我們大吵了一架.




Don' t say your goodbeys.

不要放棄

I know you' re upset that you didn' t get the part, but don' t say your goodbeys to acting just yet.

我知道你爲沒得到角色而煩惱,但現在還不是放棄的時候.

Don' t say your goodbeys to this relationship, I still love you.

不要放棄我們的感情好嗎,我依然還愛着你.




he's not calling the shots.

call the shots:負責或管謀事的

You must do what I tell you because I'm calling the shots around here.

我讓你幹啥就幹啥因爲這兒我說了算.

Who is calling the shots for your team?

你們隊誰是頭.




's your beef with him.

beef:有過結

eg: Luke will not go to the party with us because he has some kind of a beef with the host. Luke

不會和我們去參加聚會了,因爲他和party主人有點過結.

I have a big beef with people who say one thing and do something different.

我很看不上那種心口不一的人.




It fell into my lap.

sth falls into one's lap:天上掉餡餅或意外得到的

My first chance to visit China fell into my lap.

我第一次到中國是個天上掉餡餅的好事.

Fred's new job practically fell into his lap.

Fred的新工作幾乎是天上掉餡餅的大好事.




Doesn' t look like you got off to a real good start.

get off to a good start:有了好的開始,開門紅

I really want to get off to a good start at my new job. I hope I don' t make any mistakes at my first week.

我真想讓我的新工作有個好的開始,我可不想頭一個禮拜就出錯.

Annie' s date didn' t get off to a good r came to the restaurant 45 minutes late.

Annie的約會開頭可不太順利,Roger遲到了45分鐘纔到餐廳.