當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:放鬆,耐心等一等,這纔是生活

雙語美文:放鬆,耐心等一等,這纔是生活

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.76W 次

I walked into a restaurant

雙語美文:放鬆,耐心等一等,這纔是生活

我去一家酒店裏的餐廳吃飯


and after going the menu, I ordered some food.

拿到菜單之後,我點了餐


After about 20 minutes a group of guys and ladies walked in

大概20分鐘後,一羣男男女女走進來,


and ordered theirs.

也點了餐


To my dismay, these folks got served first.

令我失望的是,服務員先送來了他們的食物


I watched as they began to eat and laugh heartily.

我看着他們開始吃飯,席間開懷大笑


I even overhead one of them bragging about how he's connected to everyone in the hotel

我甚至聽到他們中的一個人吹噓自己和酒店裏每個人都很熟絡


and I felt mocked.

我感到自己受到了嘲笑


I decided to leave.

我決定離開


Unable to take it anymore, I called the waiter.

忍無可忍,我叫了服務員


He calmly told me:

沒想到服務員對我說


"Yours is a special order,

您下的菜單是一份特殊招待


being prepared by the head chef himself.

由廚師長本人烹飪


Their orders were prepared hurriedly by students on attachment

那些人的是由廚師長手下的學徒匆匆忙忙準備出來的


because the top chefs are busy with yours.

因爲廚師長正忙着準備你的食物


That's why they were served first.

這就是他們的食物先上桌的原因


Please have some juice as you wait".

請您稍等一下,先喝杯果汁吧


I calmed down and waited patiently.

我冷靜下來,耐心的等待着


Shortly after, my meal was served by 6 waiters.

沒過多久,6個服務員齊齊上陣來伺候我吃飯


Unknown to me, the owner of the hotel

原來,我不知道的是,這家酒店的老闆


(who happened to be an old long lost friend of mine)

(此人是我的老朋友,我們多年沒有聯繫了)


saw me when I entered

我走進酒店的時候,正好看到了我


and decided to surprise me.

於是決定給我一個驚喜


She changed my simple meal to a five-star meal.

她爲我把一頓簡單的飯菜變成了一餐五星級的豪華宴席


The party at the other table were shocked.

旁邊一桌的男男女女被震驚了


 They couldn't stop staring.

他們眼睛一眨不眨的盯着我


Suddenly they were the ones murmuring ,

瞬間,他們變成了抱怨的一方


asking why they didn't get that kind of service and meal.

質問爲什麼他們沒有享受到這麼高級的服務,吃到這麼豪華的食物


Such is life!

這不就是生活嗎


Some people are ahead of you

有些人生活的步伐早於你


and are eating now,

他們已經在享受勝利的果實


laughing at you

他們嘲笑你


and talking about how they are smarter, wiser and better than you,

告訴你他們如何如何比你更聰明,比你更睿智,各方面都勝過你


how they are well connected , blessed, have money and are enjoying life.

告訴你他們如何如何人脈恆通,受到上天恩賜,有錢任性,享受着美滿的生活


You are waiting tirelessly

而你還在承受着漫長的等待


wondering why it’s taking so long to breakthrough,

思考着爲什麼你想要獲得成就,需要等待這麼長的時間


You endure mockery and humiliation .

你忍受着旁人的嘲笑和羞辱


May be you've gone through depression or suffered severe mental anxiety.

也許你因此曾深陷抑鬱,或者因爲精神焦慮備受煎熬


Don't you worry!

請別擔心!


Life has seen you

命運已經看到了你


and doesn't want you to be served a simple meal

不希望你獲得的收穫太過微薄


like those making a mockery of you.

就像那些嘲笑你的人所獲得的一樣


You're waiting long because yours is a special meal.

你之所以會等待這麼久,是因爲命運爲你準備了一份特殊招待


It takes time to prepare.

需要花時間來準備這份招待


And only head chefs prepare them.

必須由廚師長親自烹飪


Wait for your meal and relax.

所以,請放鬆一點,耐心等一等


When it comes that laughing party will be silenced for good.

當屬於你的這份成就上桌的時候,那些嘲笑你的人會永遠沉默下去


翻譯:小木