迷你對話學地道口語第1924期:用功學習
第一,情景對話
A: Why not go dancing with us?
和我們一塊去跳舞吧。
B: I'd love to, but I've got to hit the books.
我也很想去,可是我還得啃書本。
A: You can study tomorrow.
明天再學習吧。
B: No. We'll have a quiz tomorrow.
不行,我們明天有個小測驗。
第二,詞海拾貝
hit the books
exp. To study hard. (努力學習,用功學習)
e.g. You better hit the books if you want to pass your exam on Friday.
如果你想通過星期五的考試,你最好用功讀書。
e.g. I spent the weekend pounding the books. I gotta go home and hit the books. I have finals next week.
我整個週末都在看書。我得回家去看書了,我下週有期末考試。
e.g. You’re going to hit the books and make something of yourself ?
你可以用功讀書,讓自己有所成就嗎?
e.g. My exams are soon so I’d better start hitting the books.
我馬上就要考試了,所以我最好開始用功讀書。
第三,語彙積累
1.would love to:願意做......
e.g. This baby would love to have you sing her to sleep.
這個孩子就喜歡你用催眠曲把她送入夢鄉。
e.g. I would love to show you some of the things we are doing here.
我很高興能為你展示我們正在進行的事情。
2.have got to:必須
e.g. You have got to take him right.
你必須規規矩矩地對待她。
e.g. I have got to phone one.
我要給人打電話。
have a quiz:測驗
going dancing:去跳舞