OMG美語講堂第224期:A Bunch of Baloney胡説八道
baloney 胡説八道
baloney 一般的意思就是大香腸, 但是在口語裏面 baloney 也有"胡説八道"的意思
Check out my new LV bag, 白潔!
白潔!看看我新的LV包包!
Baloney! That's not an LV bag!
胡説八道!那不是LV的包包吧!
I bought it from a guy on the street! He said it's real LV.
我從街頭小販那兒買的!他説是真的LV!
You know that's a bunch of baloney!
你知道他胡説八道吧!
bunch of bull 胡説八道
I heard you're going to break up with Ryan.
我聽説你要跟Ryan分手。
What!? That's a bunch of bull!
什麼!?你胡説八道吧!
For real, are you guys gonna break up?
真的,你們會分手嗎?
No. That is a bunch of baloney. We had a little fight, but we're fine now.
不會啊!真是胡説八道啊!我們吵了一架,現在沒事了。
complete nonsense 胡説八道
Did you eat the last cookie?
你把最後一塊餅乾吃了嗎?
No.
沒有啊
Yes you did! You're still chewing!
就是你吃的!你嘴裏還在嚼呢!
That's complete nonsense!!
你瞎説!