迷你對話學地道口語第1332期:趁熱打鐵
第一,迷你對話
A: Let George cut and win her.
讓George插手把她弄到手。
B: You mean, strike while the iron is hot.
你的意思是趁熱打鐵。
A: Yeah. You know she is fresh to the school.
是的,你知道她剛來學校不久。
B: And have not relatives here, so she maybe will feel lonely sometimes.
甚至在這裏沒有親戚,所以她也許有時候會感到孤獨的。
A: Right. It is a good start for a romantic story.
是的,一個浪漫的故事,美好地開始了。
第二,地道表達
strike while the iron is hot
解詞釋義
Strike while the iron is hot的意思是“趁熱打鐵”。
拓展範例
E.g. Strike while the iron is hot, you know-while she's fresh to the town.
趁熱打鐵,現在她剛到這個城市,正是好時候。
E.g. Some good airline stock is offered at a low price, I must strike while the iron is hot.
有些航空股票正在低價賣出,我必須及時購進。
第三,好詞妙語
a good start:好的開端
E.g. This gave him a good start in life.
這對他的一生是個良好的開端。
E.g. He had a good start, but I rowed him down.
他在開始領先,但我隨後就划着趕上他了。