迷你對話學地道口語第1228期:突然出現
第一, 迷你對話
A: One of my old friends Popped up in front of me yesterday. You cannot imagine how surprised I was at that time.
我的一個老朋友昨天突然出現在我面前。你想象不到我那時候有多麼吃驚。
B: He must have had your address.
他一定是有你的地址。
A: But we have not kept in touch with each other since we left school.
但是自從我們離開學校,我們一直保持聯繫。
B: He could get it from other friends.
他可以從你的其他朋友那裏得到你的地址啊。
第二, 地道表達
pop up
1. 解詞釋義
Pop up的意思是“突然出現”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. I predicate that this summer a friend will pop up into your life.
我預測今年夏天你的一個朋友會在你的生活中突然出現。
第三, 咬文嚼字
in front of:在……的面前
e.g. A wide stretch of land spreads in front of us.
我們面前是一片廣闊的土地。
e.g. A monument was erected in front of the town hall.
一座紀念碑在市政廳前建起。
keep in touch with:和……保持聯繫
e.g. We now keep in touch with him by writing letters .
我們現在靠寫信與他保持聯繫。
e.g. I try to keep in touch with current events by reading the newspapers.
我經常讀報來儘量瞭解時事。