當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 求職英語 > 英語求職基本結構和萬能句型

英語求職基本結構和萬能句型

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.15K 次

今天小編給大家介紹關於求職信的幾點建議。關於英語求職基本結構和萬能句型,以三段落——即開頭、正文和結尾爲引,淺析求職信經典的行文結構,希望對初入職場的朋友們有所幫助。

英語求職基本結構和萬能句型

  Covering letters: the beginning, core and ending

  求職信:開頭、正文及結尾

When you write a covering letter it is important to have a structure. A typical structure would have four paragraphs and should answer four “W” questions: What job are you applying for? Why do you want to work in this sector and organisation? What are you offering? When are you available for interview?

求職信的結構非常重要。經典結構是有四大段的,必須回答4個什麼:申請什麼職位?爲什麼要申請這個部門組織?你可以爲公司做什麼?什麼時候可以接受面試?

In your first paragraph you should state the job you are applying for and where you found it. Companies like to know which of their advertising sources is Successful, so tell them if you found it online, through a newspaper or from another source. You should also inform them of when you are available to start.

第一段需要說明你申請的職位以及求職信息的來源。公司想要知道他們哪條廣告是有效果的,所以請告知他們你是在網上,還是報紙,或者其他途徑看到招聘信息的。你還需要告知可以接受面試的時間。

In the second paragraph tell them why you are interested in that type of work and why the company attracts you. If, for example, it is a small company say you prefer to work for a small, friendly organisation.

第二段需要告知你對這份工作的興趣點在哪裏,以及對方公司吸引你的原因。例如,對方是家小公司,你就說你喜歡在一家小的、比較友善的公司工作。

Summarise your strengths in the third paragraph and state why they would be an advantage in the job. You should match and relate your skills to the competencies that are required for the job.

在第三段總結自己的優勢,並簡單得解釋爲什麼這些優點將會成爲工作上的優勢。你必須將你的技能和職位的能力要求相關聯、相匹配。

In the final paragraph mention any dates that you won’t be available for an interview and Remember to thank the employer and say you look forward to hearing from them.

最後一段要指出不能參加面試的時間,並對僱主表示感謝,期望從他們那裏得到回覆。

You should use only one side of A4 paper and use the same font as you used in your CV.

求職信只要佔用A4紙的一面即可,並使用與你的簡歷相同的字體。

When you start the letter, try to personalise it by finding out the name of the person to write to. One statistic states that a covering letter and CV addressed to the correct person are 15% more likely to receive a reply and 5% more likely to get an interview. Remember when you start with a specific name, e.g. “Dear Mr. Jones”, you should end with “Yours sincerely”. If you can’t find the name and have to start “Dear Sir or Madam”, end your letter with “Yours faithfully”.

在開始寫信時,儘可能找出收信人的信息。據調查表明,給特定的人發求職信和簡歷可以收到高15%的回覆以及高5%的面試機會。記住當你以特定稱呼開頭時,例如“Dear Mr. Jones”,必須以“Yours sincerely”結尾。當你找不到特定收件人時,只能以“Dear Sir or Madam”開頭,必須以“Yours faithfully”結尾。

  Here are some examples of popular ways to start a covering letter:

  以下有幾個比較好的求職信的開頭:

My name is ______ and I am writing in response to your advertisement

我的名字是______。我是看到貴公司的廣告後準備投的簡歷。

I am writing in response to your advertisement in/for

我寫這封信是爲了申請廣告中的職位。

Further to your advertisement in______, I should like to apply for

我想投遞貴公司______廣告中的職位。

I am writing to enquire if you have any vacancies for_____

我想問下貴公司______職位是否有空缺。

As you will see from CV

正如你從簡歷中所看到的

Power words are key words and phrases that you should try to use during the core part of your cover letter; paragraphs two and three. They will give your letter more impact; think about how you could use words like these:

你需要在求職信的核心正文(第二、第三段)中使用一些重點單詞和詞組。讓你的求職信看起來更加生動。考慮下你會如何使用以下詞彙:

Achieved Advised Analysed Budgeted

實現 建議 分析 預算

Capable Communicated Competent Consolidated

能力 溝通 能力 綜合

Consulted Coordinated Created Developed

諮詢 協調 創造 發展

Efficient Experienced Implemented Initiated

有效 經驗 實施 啓動

Managed Monitored Negotiated Organised

管理 檢測 談判 組織

Participated Planned Proficient Profitable

參與 組織 精通 盈利

Promoted Qualified Researched Resourceful

推薦 勝任 調查 足智多謀

Successful Supervised Versatile Wide experience

成功 監測 多功能 經驗豐富

Don’t try to use them all at once but they will help you create a more dynamic cover letter. Remember it is your letter, so use your own words not formal boring clichés. The tone of your letter should professional, positive and informative.

不要一次性地將所以的詞彙都用上,這些可以豐富你的求職信。記着這是你自己的求職信,不要使用那些不正規的陳詞濫調。務必保證你的求職信的基調是專業、積極和翔實的。

GLOSSARY

詞彙

Core (noun) Central part

核心部分(名詞)

Competencies (noun) Abilities

能力(名詞)

Font (noun) Set of one type size in printing

字體(名詞)

Budgeted (verb) Estimated the cost of

預算(名詞)

Consolidated (verb) Combined, strengthened

加強(動詞)

Implemented (verb) Carried out

實施(動詞)

Initiated (verb) Began, introduced

開始(動詞)

Monitored (verb) Checked quality of, supervised, directed

監督(動詞)

Negotiated (verb) Talked terms, discussed the terms of an arrangement

談判(動詞)

Proficient (adj) Skilled

技巧的(形容詞)

Resourceful (adj) Ingenious, imaginative, capable

足智多謀(形容詞)

Versatile (adj) Capable of doing many things well

多樣的(形容詞)

Dynamic (adj) Energetic

動態的(形容詞)

Clichés (noun) Overused expressions

陳詞濫調(名詞)