當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 英語語法入門 > 疑問句和祈使句中怎麼使用間接引語?

疑問句和祈使句中怎麼使用間接引語?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.24W 次

疑問句和祈使句中怎麼使用間接引語?

使用間接引語時時態必須改變。因此,時間的變化也是如此,這意味着在使用間接引語時,我們必須改變時間副詞。

1. Adverbs of Time and Indirect Speech

1.時間副詞與間接引語


As we noted above, the tense must change when using the indirect speech. Therefore the aspect of time changes too, this means we must change the adverbs of time when using indirect speech.

如上所述,使用間接引語時時態必須改變。因此,時間的變化也是如此,這意味着在使用間接引語時,我們必須改變時間副詞。


Tim said, “I am going to the match today”

提姆說:“我今天要去看比賽。”


Tim said that he was going to the match that day

提姆說他那天要去看比賽。


They said, “we are going to Spain next year”

他們說:“我們明年去西班牙。”


They said that they were going to Spain in the following year.

他們說他們明年要去西班牙。


This may seem a bit confusing so to make it easier for you, I have made a list of the possible changes to the adverbs, from one time to another time. Now can be changed to then.

這種變化看起來似乎有點混亂,爲了使你更容易理解這種變化,我已經列出了一個從一個時間轉換爲另一個時間,從現在轉換爲然後,類似這樣的時間副詞可以怎麼轉換的列表。


Today can be changed to yesterday/that day.

Today可以改變爲yesterday/that day。


Tomorrow can be changed to today/the next day.

Tomorrow可以改變爲today/the next day。


Yesterday can be changed to the previous day/Thursday.

Yesterday可以改變爲the previous day/Thursday。


Next week/month/year can be changed to next week/month/year.

Next week/month/year可以改變爲next week/month/year。


Last week/month/year can be changed to the previous week/month/year.

Last week/month/year可以改爲the previous week/month/year。


2. Questions in Indirect Speech

2.間接引語中的問句


What happens to questions when we want to change it into indirect speech? How can we use indirect speech for an interrogative sentence? Let’s have a look and find out. In English there are two types of questions, yes or no questions and open ended questions:

當我們想把一個句子變成間接引語時,會出現什麼問題?疑問句裏怎麼使用間接引語?讓我們看一看並找出答案。英語中有兩種類型的問題,只能用“是”或“否”回答的一般疑問句和開放式回答的特殊疑問句:


Yes or no question: Are you hungry?

一般疑問句:你餓了嗎?


Response: Yes

回答:是的。


Open-ended question: What type of food do you like?

特殊疑問句:你喜歡什麼類型的食物?


Response: I like Italian food.

回答:我喜歡意大利的食物。


You can’t respond to this question with a simple yes or no as it is not answering the question. An open-ended question requires more information.

你不能用簡單的“是”或“不是”回答這個問題,因爲這樣就沒有正面地回答這個問題。一個開放式的問題需要得到更多的信息。


3. Yes/No Questions in Indirect Speech

3.間接引語中的一般疑問句


How do yes/no questions look when changed into the indirect speech?

當被轉換成間接引語時,一般疑問句該是什麼樣的?


She said, “Are you hungry?”

她說:“你餓了嗎?“


She asked me if I was hungry.

她問我是否餓了。


Again, quotation marks are not required, the tense must be changed and the pronoun may change. Did you notice how when using the indirect speech in an interrogative sentence we don’t use ‘that’ we use ‘if’?

同樣,不需要引號,時態必須改變,代詞可能會改變。你注意到在疑問句中使用間接引語時,我們不使用“that”,我們使用“if”嗎?


I said that I was happy.

我說我很高興。


I asked her if she was happy.

我問她是否高興。


Also note that the question mark is not required in the indirect interrogative sentence either.

同時,還要注意間接疑問句中不需要使用問號。


4. Open-Ended Questions in Indirect Speech

4.間接引語中的特殊疑問句


What about open-ended questions, the questions that require a more complex response?

那麼特殊疑問句,這類需要更復雜回答的問題怎麼變化呢?


Let’s look at an example of an open-ended question in indirect speech to see how they look.

讓我們來看看間接引語中特殊疑問句的一個例子,看看它是怎麼用的。


I said to my mum,“why are you smiling?”

我對媽媽說:“你爲什麼笑?“


I asked my mum why she was smiling.

我問媽媽爲什麼笑。


She asked him,“how old are you?”

她問他:“你多大了?”“


She asked him how old he was.

她問他多大年紀了。


What are the differences in these sentences? First of all the tense changes, in the first example the present continuous changes to the past continuous; are smiling – was smiling. The second example, the simple present changes to the simple past; you are – he was.

這些句子有什麼不同?首先是時態上的變化,在第一個例子中,現在進行時轉換爲過去進行時;現在微笑着——當時微笑着。第二個例子,一般現在時轉換爲一般過去時;你是-他曾是。


The pronouns also change: you – she and you – he. ‘If’ isn’t required with open-ended questions but there is a change in the word order, did you see that?

代詞也會改變:you變成she或he。特殊疑問句中不需要“if”這個連接詞,但詞序有變化,你看到了嗎?


The indirect speech reverts the interrogative sentence structure back into the affirmative sentence structure. I will demonstrate this now with some examples:

間接引語變成疑問句結構時,一般會變回肯定句的結構。我將用一些例子展示這一點:


I said to my mum,“why are you smiling?”

我對媽媽說:“你爲什麼笑?“


I asked my mum why she was smiling. (I asked my mum why was she smiling.)

我問媽媽爲什麼笑。(我問我媽媽她爲什麼笑。)

She asked him,“how old are you?”

她問他:“你多大了?”“


She asked him how old he was. (She asked him how old was he.)

她問他多大年紀了。(她問他多大了。)


Tom said to Sam, “How are you?”

湯姆對山姆說:“你好嗎?“


Tom asked Sam how he was. (Tom asked Sam how was he.)

湯姆問山姆近況如何。(湯姆問山姆近況如何。)


5. Imperative Sentences in Indirect Speech

5.間接引語中的祈使句


Now that we know how to adjust interrogative sentences, lets look at how we can adjust imperative sentences into indirect speech.

現在我們已經知道如何調整疑問句了,現在讓我們看看如何把祈使句調整成間接引語。


Before we do that, can you recall what an imperative sentence is? What its function is? What it looks like?

在我們這樣做之前,你能想起來什麼是祈使句嗎?它的功能是什麼?它是什麼樣子的?


We use imperative sentences to give commands, such as telling your brother to visit your sister or asking for the menu in a restaurant. These sentences can end with a full stop or an exclamation mark.

我們用祈使句來發出命令,比如告訴你的哥哥去看你妹妹或者在餐館裏要菜單。這些句子可以以句號或感嘆號結尾。


So how does an imperative sentence look in the indirect speech?

那麼祈使句在間接引語中是怎樣的呢?


She said to the waiter, “please give me a menu”

她對服務員說:“請給我一份菜單。”


She requested the waiter to give her a menu.

她請服務員給她一份菜單。


The teacher said to the students, “be quiet”

老師對學生們說:“安靜點”。


The teacher ordered the students to be quiet.

老師命令學生們保持安靜。


His mum said to him, “you need to study more”

他媽媽對他說:“你需要多讀書。”


His mum advised him to study more.

他媽媽建議他多讀書。


He said, “Let’s join the English language society in college.”

他說:“讓我們加入大學英語語言協會。”


He suggested joining the English language society in college.

他提議加入大學英語語言協會。


Don’t forget about the negative request:

別忘記否定請求:


The teacher said, “Please don’t talk in class”

老師說:“請不要在課堂上講話。”


The teacher said not the talk in class

老師說課堂上不要講話。


The sign in the restaurant said, “No smoking”

餐館的牌子上寫着“禁止吸菸”。


The sign in the restaurant asked the customers not the smoke.

餐館的牌子上要求顧客不能吸菸。


What about interrogative sentences that end with an exclamation mark?

那麼用感嘆號結尾的疑問句該怎麼處理?


She said, “Yes! I got an A in my exam.”

她說:“是的!我考試得了A。”


She exclaimed with amazement that she had gotten an A in her exam.

她驚奇地大喊說她考試得了A。


They said, “Oh no! We lost our car keys.

他們說:“哦,不!我們的汽車鑰匙丟了。


They exclaimed with disbelief that they had lost their car keys.

他們難以置信地驚呼他們的汽車鑰匙丟了。