當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 純正地道美語第299期(外教講解):準時punctuality

純正地道美語第299期(外教講解):準時punctuality

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.79W 次

Maggie Gao: Okay, everyone, shall we begin?
大家好,我們可以開始了嗎?

Bill: Sorry, Maggie, but we are missing a few people. Can we hang on a sec?
抱歉,馬吉,還有些人沒有來,我能再等一會兒嗎?

Maggie Gao: Well, I did say eleven o' clock sharp, and it' s now five past so. . .
是的,我確實是說11點整,現在都超過5分鐘了。

James: Hi, everyone, I' m so sorry I' m late. It' s raining cats and dogs outside and I had to wait ages for a taxi.
嗨,大家好。很抱歉我遲到了。因爲下大雨,我等了半天才打到出租車的。

Maggie Gao: Okay, James, take a seat quickly please. Right, the subject of the meeting is.
好的,詹姆斯,快點做下吧。好,來看今天會議的主題是……

Sally: Hi, guys. Please excuse me, I was held up in traffic.
大家好,抱歉我遲到了。路上交通堵塞了,所以花了很長時間遲到了。

Maggie Gao: Right, as I was saying the subject of the m. . .
好,剛纔我們說會議的主題是……

Bruno: Hi, Maggie. I' m terribly sorry. The traffic is murder out there.
嗨,馬吉,我十分抱歉。路上交通太耽誤時間了。

Maggie Gao: Sit down, Bruno! Okay now, as you are aware, the topic for this meeting is "The importance of being punctual". Who would like to start?
坐下,布魯諾!好了現在,既然你們都很注意,今天會議的話題就是“準時的重要性”。誰先來談一談?

hang on 等一下,堅守
It's hard work, but if you hang on long enough you'll succeed. 這是艱苦的工作,但如果你堅持下去,你會成功的。

raining cats and dogs 傾盆大雨

wait ages for 形容等待的時間很長

punctual 準時的 punctuality 是它的名詞形式

純正地道美語第299期(外教講解):準時punctuality