當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 如何用英語來談論你的家庭

如何用英語來談論你的家庭

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.42W 次

一個人可能有"brother"或者"sister"。我們也可以叫他們"siblings"。"Mom" 和"Dad"是對"parents"的稱呼。他們也可以有一個或者兩個"sibling"。媽媽的姐妹是"Aunt";爸爸的兄弟是"Uncle"。如果他們有孩子,他們是你的 "cousins"。

如何用英語來談論你的家庭

John: "Do you have any siblings?" 你有兄弟姐妹嗎?

Sam: "No, I am an only child. What about you?" 沒有,我是獨生子。你呢?

John: "I have 2 brothers and a sister!" 我有2個兄弟和1個姐妹。

Sam: "Wow, a big family... I would have liked a sister" 哇噢,好大一家子...我也想要有1個姐妹。

John: "Yes, my brothers are both married and have kids. Family gatherings can be quite lively" 是啊,我的哥哥們都結婚了,有孩子了。家庭聚會總是很活潑熱鬧。

Parents of parents are called "grandparents" and the families of people we marry are our "-in-laws". The person you used to be married to is an "ex". And should you remain married it's simply "husband" or "wife". 父母的父母叫做"grandparents",和我們結婚的人的家裏人是我們的"-in-laws"。你之前的結婚對象叫做"ex"。如果你結婚了,就是 "husband" 或者"wife"。

Sam: "So you have nieces and nephews then?" 那麼你有侄女或侄子嗎?

John: "Oh yes. My sister divorced my brother-in-law before they had any kids but my brothers..." 有的,我的姐姐和我姐夫之前離婚了,他們有孩子的,但是我哥哥...

Sam: "Your parents must be very proud!" 你的父母肯定非常自豪!

John: "It's Gran that is most proud. Grandfather and her love to baby sit." Gran最讓我們自豪,祖父和她非常樂意照料孩子。

Sam: "Do you get along with your sisters-in-law?" 你和你的姐夫相處得怎麼樣?

John: "They are really nice. Suzie, my eldest brother's wife is an Olympic swimmer!" 他們非常好。Suzie,我的大嫂是奧林匹克游泳運動員!

Dad's uncle or my parents' grandparents, would be described as ‘great-'. 爸爸的叔叔或者我的父母的祖父母,應該被叫做‘great-'。

Sam: "I can't believe that your grandparents are still alive!" 我無法相信你的祖父母還活着!

John: "Hah! You should sit down then, because I still have both great grandparents on my mom's side!" 哈哈,你應該坐下來。在我媽媽這邊,我還有大祖父母呢。

Sam: "Goodness! I have a great uncle living in Canada, but I never see him" 太好了!我有一個大伯住在加拿大,但是我從來沒有見過他。

John: "You should get in touch. It's great to have a sense of one's family tree" 你應該和他保持聯繫。瞭解你的家譜是一件很重要的事。

Sam: "Where do you all live?" 你們都住在哪裏?Families can be described with many interesting adjectives, such as "big", "small", "close", "estranged" or "Open", "broken", "nuclear" or "one-child". And how are the members of your family doing? 有很多有趣的形容詞可以用來形容家庭,比如"big", "small", "close", "estranged" or "Open", "broken", "nuclear" 或者"one-child"。你的家庭成員是做什麼的啊?

John: "Well, Troy lives in New York and has really done well" Troy住在紐約,他過得很好。

Sam: "What does he do?" 他是做什麼的?

John: "He became a lawyer right out of school and became partner of his firm within 3 years!" 他從學校畢業的時候成爲了一名律師,後來3年內就成爲了律師事務所的合夥人了。

Sam: "Wow, he really has gone far quickly" 哇噢,他真的發展得很快。

John: "My other brothers both work for my dad in the family business." 我其他的兄弟們都爲在家族企業中爲我爸爸工作。

Last, what does your family do for fun together? You might want to talk about "public holidays", "hobbies" and "likes". Maybe your family enjoys "picnicking" or "riding bikes". 最後想問問你,你們家平時一起參加的娛樂活動是什麼呀?你可能會談輪到"public holidays", "hobbies"和"likes"。可能你的家庭喜歡"picnicking"或者"riding bikes"。

Sam: ‘Do you have any dreams to travel or work overseas?' 你夢想過到國外旅行或者工作嗎?

John: ‘I am very happy at home. I have a good job and having weekends and public holidays off is very important to me'. 我呆在國內覺得很開心。我有一份好工作,有愉快的週末和假期對我而言也很重要。

Sam: ‘What do you do in your spare time?' 你平時閒暇時間做些什麼呢?

John: ‘The kids keep me very busy with picnics and sports days at school' 經常要帶孩子們去野餐,去學校參加體育活動。

Sam: ‘Well, I envy your loving family environment!' 我很羨慕你的家庭氛圍!