當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1895期:盡力而爲,全力以赴

迷你對話學地道口語第1895期:盡力而爲,全力以赴

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.03K 次

第一,情景對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1895期:盡力而爲,全力以赴

A: I went all-out preparing for the final exams, but...

爲了期末考試我已經全力以赴了,可……

B: Take it easy, dear. I know you have tried your best.

親愛的,沒關係。我知道你已經盡力了。

第二,詞海拾貝

go all out

exp. To put forth the utmost amount of energy, effort, enthusiasm. (全力以赴,盡力而爲)

e.g. You'll be going against a state champion in the next match, so you'll have to go all out if you want to beat her!

你將在下一場比賽中與州冠軍對壘,所以如果你想打敗她,你就得全力以赴。

e.g. The company went all out for Sam's retirement party, making it a gala affair and sparing no expense.

公司將不惜資金,全力以赴舉辦Sam盛大的退休晚會。

e.g. If I had the choice over again, I would go all out for a degree in the Humanities and specialize in teaching.

如果讓我再做一次選擇,我會全力以赴獲得人文學科的學位,專攻教學。

e.g. I had to go all out to limit my losses.

我必須盡力減少我的損失。

第三,語彙積累

1.prepare for:爲......做準備

e.g. I have to prepare for next week's speech contest.

我要爲下週的演講比賽做準備。

e.g. In high school, students have to prepare for the entrance examination to university.

在高中,學生們得爲高考做準備。

2.take it easy:放鬆,別緊張

e.g. He was going to take it easy when he got back.

他回去以後,要過輕鬆的日子。

e.g. It's nice to sit down and take it easy after a hard day's work.

勞累了一天之後,能在這裏坐下來,輕鬆一下,該多麼愉快呀。

3.try one’s best:盡力

e.g. I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel.

我將盡全力給你搞到那本原版法國小說。

e.g. We must try our best to lay his doubts.

我們要盡力消除他的顧慮。