當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1395期:依賴,指望

迷你對話學地道口語第1395期:依賴,指望

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.1W 次

第一,迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第1395期:依賴,指望

A: Are you sure of your success in this election?

你相信你在這次選舉中會成功嗎?

B: No. I can't bank on their support.

不敢確定。我不依靠他們的支持。

A: Why?

爲什麼?

B: Because they are used to sitting on the fence.

因爲他們是牆頭草。

第二,地道表達

bank on

1. 解詞釋義

Bank on的意思是“依賴,指望”。

2. 拓展範例

E.g. You can bank on his help.

你可指望他的幫助。

E.g. You can always bank on me if you need money.

你要是需要錢可以永遠依靠我。

E.g. The Berlin government is banking on the Olympics to save the city money.

柏林市政府指望着奧運會能給這座城市省錢。

第三,好詞妙語

sit on the fence:保持中立,保持騎牆態度

E.g. He thought that it was better for him to sit on the fence during the quarrel.

他認爲在這場爭吵中自己還是保持中立爲好。

E.g. Sooner or later you'll have to come down on one side or the other; you can't just sit on the fence.

你遲早會倒向這邊或那邊,不能只是採取騎牆態度。

be sure of:確定

E.g. She is not sure of his answering her letter.

她無法確定他是否會回信給她。

E.g. Be sure of your facts before you write the article.

先弄明白事實,然後再寫文章。