當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第400期:Getting Lost 迷路

美語情景對話 第400期:Getting Lost 迷路

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.91W 次

Todd: So, Greg, do you have any stories about being lost, since you have all this good advice?

託德:格雷格,你爲我們提供了這麼好的建議,那你有過迷路的經歷嗎?

Greg: Ah, well, let me think. Ah, there was one time I got lost in the mountains of the Golden Triangle in Thailand. The Golden Triangle as you might know is famous for a lot of drug trafficking, and it's also a tourist spot in some areas. Some areas are very safe and some areas are very dangerous actually, and my friend and I, we were hiking by ourselves in the mountains and we got lost, and we actually wondered across the border from Thailand into Myanmar. And we came across this village; very. very poor village, very of hill tribes people, and some of the people there were really unfriendly, they just started throwing rocks at my friends and I (oh, man) and shouting things. We couldn't talk, so we just backed away, went back quickly up the hill and we were wondering, we didn't know where to go, and luckily I could see in the distance, there was one tree that stood out because the hill had been burned, but there was one tree that didn't get burned and I remembered that tree when we were coming over, so that was my landmark which helped me to return, and I headed straight for that tree and then I saw the route, and I've been lost before. I love going into mountains, actually my friends and I got a little bit lost when we were hiking in some little forest in England last summer, but no, I make it a habit when I'm going through trails, and I'm not sure where to go, I put rocks, pile rocks on top of each other, or I put sticks to make an arrow in the direction I want to go.

格雷格:嗯,讓我想想。啊,有一次我在泰國的金三角地區的山區迷路了。你知道,金三角地區以毒品走私猖獗而聞名,有些地區也是旅遊聖地。那裏有一些地區非常安全,而另一些地區則非常危險,我朋友和我在山區徒步旅行時迷路了,我們穿越了邊境,從泰國進入了緬甸。我們偶然地進入了一個村莊,一個非常非常貧窮的村莊,那裏都是山地部落的人,有些人非常不友好,他們向我和我的朋友扔石頭,(哦,天哪)而且還在喊叫。我們無法說話,所以我們只能往後退,迅速回到山上,我們很驚訝,我們不知道要去哪裏,幸運的是我能看到遠處,那裏有棵樹很顯眼,因爲那座山被燒燬了,但是那棵樹並沒有被燒燬,我記得我們過來的時候看到過那棵樹,所以那就相當於我的路標,可以幫助我找到回去的路,於是我直奔那棵樹而去,然後我就看到了我們要走的路線,所以我曾經迷過路。我喜歡去山區,實際上去年夏天我們去英國的森林裏徒步旅行時,我和朋友們有點迷路,我有個習慣,就是我在走小路的時候,在不確定要往哪裏走的時候,我會把石頭疊起來,或者是用樹枝做成箭頭指明我要走的方向。

Todd: Ah, that's pretty good.

託德:那真是個好習慣。

Greg: So I find a pile of rocks and sticks and then I return that way.

格雷格:所以我看到石堆還有樹枝就可以找到回去的路了。

Todd: So, wow, back to the hill tribe people: Why do you think that they were mad? Do you think they were really upset with foreigners coming in to their territory, like they were trying to protect their little area?

託德:哇,再回來說那些山地部落的人,你認爲爲什麼他們這麼瘋狂?你認爲他們對進入他們領土的外國人很生氣嗎,好像他們在試圖保護他們的小領地?

Greg: There could be many reasons. Maybe because there used to be a lot of opium being grown in that area, maybe they were growing opium and they didn't want anyone to see it. That's one thing. Maybe, just they were worried about foreigners, for some reason, maybe they've been treated badly before by foreigners. (Right!) I have no idea. (Well) It was pretty scary.

格雷格:可能有許多原因。也許是因爲他們生活的地方種植了很多鴉片,也許是因爲他們種植鴉片,所以他們不想讓任何人看到。這可能是其中一個原因。也有可能他們只是對外國人感到擔心,這可能有很多原因,可能是因爲他們之前遭到了外國人的惡劣對待。(沒錯!)我也不清楚。(嗯)那太可怕了。

Todd: Yeah, well, better rocks than bullets.

託德:是啊,比起子彈石頭還好點。

Greg: Yeah.

格雷格:對。

美語情景對話 第400期:Getting Lost 迷路

重點講解:
1. be famous for
因……而名;
eg. She was famous for her striking beauty, violet eyes and shining black hair.
她因驚人的美貌,紫色的眼睛,烏黑髮亮的頭髮而聞名。
eg. Blois is famous for patisserie.
布盧瓦的糕點很有名。
2. come across
偶然發現;偶然遇見;
eg. This is the least problematic problem I have ever come across.
這是我遇到過的最不是問題的問題。
eg. He notes that he's come across many employees in your position who hesitate to try changing the status quo. "
他曾遇到許多與你有相同遭遇的員工,他們很猶豫是否要改變現狀。
3. back away
(常因害怕等而)後退,退縮;
eg. James got to his feet and started to come over, but the girls hastily backed away.
詹姆斯起身走過來,但是女孩子們卻連忙後退。
eg. North Americans find this awkward and often back away a few inches.
美人覺得這太尷尬,常常會後退幾英寸。
4. in the distance
遠處;遠方;
eg. We sighted land in the distance.
我們望見了遠處的陸地。
eg. I was struck by the visual effect of the converging rows and how the light played off the field in the distance.
我被這匯合的行和光線照在遠方土地上所產生的視覺效果深深的震撼了。
5. stand out
引人注目;顯眼;突出;
eg. This contrast makes sunspots stand out even more.
這種對比便襯托得太陽黑子更爲突出。
eg. His height makes him stand out in the crowd.
他身材高大,因此在人羣中很突出。