當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第230期:Lost 迷路

美語情景對話 第230期:Lost 迷路

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.42K 次

Todd: So Norm, you said you have a pretty good story about going hiking and you almost got dehydrated.

託德:諾姆,你說過你有一個關於遠足的好故事要講,那次遠足中你幾乎都脫水了。

Norm: Yes, it was, we were on our first day of, it was a six day hiking trip in a national park in Quebec, Canada, and I had not done the itinerary, but my friend had figured out that the first day we could walk 19 1/2 kilometers in the wilderness. I mentioned that, I would have gone for 10 kilometers, do the first stop at the first campsite, but I didn't realize that he was more optimistic than I was, and so we started out on our first day and very heavy backpack, about 24 kilograms, and very hot day, 30, 32 degrees with hot humid day, and the first day was up and down, up and down, all the time, so at the end of the day, mistake number 1 was we passed sort of a small river and we didn't refill our bottles because we thought we were almost at our destination, the lake, but it was further than we thought so we ran out of water and darkness set upon us and we were up on a huge rock, and what had happened was, we were at the lookout and because we were tired, we were supposed to go left. We went right, so we backtracked, and I, after about five minutes, I mentioned to my other three colleagues I said, we've been here before, I said we're backtracking. All three of then said, how can you tell, I said, I remember these particular trees. I said I noticed them all, and they "There are thousands of trees here. You must be mistaken. I said well I'm sure. So they say "No, no. no. It can't be. We're going in the right direction and so we back tracked, and by this time we never got to our camp ground and so we had to stop and we had no water. We hadn't had any water for about two hours, three hours, and so they were kinda, didn't know what to do, but I saw that there was a swamp at the bottom, and I said, "there's water!" Well!, so two of our colleagues stayed up with the tents and I went went down with a friend of mine and it took up an hour just to go down to the swamp, because it was not a path, just there we boulders and big rocks, and we had to go around many obstacles, and then by the time we got to the swamp, it was really dark, so I tied the bottle to a rope and I just threw it in the middle of the swamp to try and get as least dirt as possible and then use my shirt to filter it into a pot. We had brought with us, to the swamp a pot and a heater, so that we could boil the water. we would, we were very dehydrated, if we hadn't drank at that time, we wouldn't have been able to go back up, so I said we need to replenish our bodies with water, then we'll come back up. So by this time is was pitch dark and my friend had this little hand flashlight that is, didn't last 45 minutes, but luckily I had my headlamp and I had just replaced my batteries and that can work 24 hours non stop so we used my single head lamp to go back up but it took up two hours to get back up so we had gone down about 8:30. We left the camp and it was close to midnight by the time we got up. Yeah, total darkness, and because we were on, just on, we could set up tent was a rock, that was like a round, rounded rock, and they set up their big tent, but I couldn't sleep in the tent, because it was just no room, so I just put my sleeping bag on the rock and just slept the whole evening. Luckily for me it didn't rain and and I managed to spend, had a fairly good night sleep.

諾姆:對,沒錯,那是在我們遠足行程的第一天,那次遠足爲期六天,是在加拿大魁北克省的一個國家公園進行的,我沒有做行程規劃,不過我朋友大概算出我們第一天能在荒野中走19.5公里。我說,我走了10公里以後在第一個營地休息一下,不過我沒有意識到我朋友比我還要樂觀,於是我們繼續第一天的行程,我們的背後非常沉,大約24公斤,那天非常熱,大約30度,或者32度,非常悶熱,第一天的行程就一直在上山下山,上山下山,所以那天結束時,我們犯下了第一個錯誤,就是我們路過了一條小河,但是我們沒有把水杯裝滿,因爲我們想我們馬上就要到達目的地了,就是那個湖,可是那個湖比我們認爲的要遠得多,所以我們的水喝完了,而且天也黑了,我們站在一塊巨大的岩石上,四處張望,因爲我們太累了,我們應該往左走。可是我們卻向右走了,我們走了回頭路,大約五分鐘以後,我對其他三個朋友說,我們來過這裏,我說我們在走回頭路。他們三個說,你怎麼知道的,我說,我記得這些特別的樹木。我說我注意到了它們,可他們說,這裏有數千棵樹。你肯定是搞錯了。我說我很確定。他們卻說,不是,不是,不可能的。我們繼續向右方走,我們一直在往回走,這時我們已經走不到露營地了,於是我們只能停下了,而且我們還有水。我們兩個小時都沒有喝水,也許是三個小時,他們有點兒不知道該怎麼辦了,這時我看到下面有個沼澤,我說:“那兒有水!”有兩個朋友待在帳篷那裏,我和一個朋友下去弄水,我們花了一個小時的時間纔到達那個沼澤,因爲那裏沒有路,全是石塊和岩石,我們不得不繞過許多障礙,我們到達沼澤的時候,天已經完全黑了,我把瓶子綁在繩子上,扔到沼澤中間,試圖弄得越髒越好,之後他們用我的襯衫在壺裏進行過濾。我們帶了一個壺還有一個加熱器去沼澤那裏,這樣我們就能煮水了。我們已經脫水了,如果那時我們沒有喝水的話,我們可能就回不去了,所以我說我們需要給身體補充水分,之後我們就回去了。這時已經是一片漆黑,我朋友帶的手電筒堅持不了45分鐘,不過幸運的是我有前照燈,而且我剛換了電池,它可以連續工作24個小時,所以我們用我的前照燈返回了帳篷那裏,不過我們用了兩個小時的時間纔回去,我們下去的時間是8點半。而我們回來時已經接近午夜了。對,完全一片漆黑,因爲我們一直在走,我們可以把帳篷搭在岩石上,一塊圓的岩石,所以他們支起了他們的大帳篷,不過我不能睡在帳篷裏,因爲那裏沒有多餘的空間了,於是我就把睡袋放在岩石上了,就這樣睡了一整個晚上。幸運地是,那晚並沒有下雨,而且我設法睡了一個好覺。

Todd: So then the next day you just hiked back to your home?

託德:那第二天你們就回家了嗎?

Norm: No the next day we had, I had brought some re-hydrating salts and that night when we came back with all the water I told everyone that we should put this in the water and then the next morning we felt much better, but then, this time we had light, proper light, sunlight and we looked at the topological map and then we figured out that where we had gone wrong. We were just barely forty minutes away from where we should have been before we made the wrong turn. We were actually very close, but when we backtracked that was our mistake, so 45 minutes later we were at the next lake where there were facilities for setting up our tents, and we were so exhausted that we spent the whole day sleeping before continuing on our trip.

諾姆:沒有,第二天我們拿了一些水合鹽,那天晚上我們把水取回來時,我跟所有人說我們應該把這個放進水裏,之後第二天早上我們都感覺好多了,之後我們有了光亮,很合適的光亮,就是太陽光,我們查看了拓撲地圖,發現我們走錯路了。我們離我們應該到達的地點只有40分鐘的路程,可是我們轉錯了方向。實際上我們已經離那裏很近了,不過我們又往回走了,那就是我們的錯誤,所以45分鐘以後我們到達了那個湖,那裏有搭帳篷的所有的設施,我們都累壞了,所以我們那一整天就在睡覺中度過了,之後我們又繼續我們的行程了。

美語情景對話 第230期:Lost 迷路

重點講解:
1. run out of
用完;耗盡;
eg. They have run out of ideas.
他們已經想不出任何辦法了。
eg. We're running out of time.
我們快沒有時間了。
eg. By now the plane was running out of fuel.
現在,這架飛機的燃料快用完了。
2. set upon
突然攻擊;襲擊;
eg. We were set upon by about twelve youths and I was kicked unconscious.
我們遭到了大約 12 名青年的襲擊,我被踢暈過去了。
eg. Life is becoming a greater adventure and the only limits are those that you set upon yourselves.
生活正在變得更具有冒險意義,而僅有的限制是那些你自己強加於自己的。
3. be supposed to do
(按計劃或期望)應當,應該做某事;本應該做某事;
eg. He produced a handwritten list of nine men he was supposed to kill.
他拿出了一份手寫的名單,上面列有9個他應該要殺死的人。
eg. The first debate was supposed to have been held on Tuesday.
第一場辯論本該在星期二就舉行了。
4. How can you tell
你怎麼知道?
eg. These kittens look exactly alike how can you tell which is which?
這些小貓看上去一模一樣--你怎麼能分出哪個是哪個?
eg. How can you tell which button to press?
你怎麼能判斷出該按哪一個按鈕?
5. pitch dark
漆黑的;烏黑的;
eg. It was pitch-dark in the room and I couldn't see a thing.
房間裏一片漆黑,我什麼也看不見。
eg. It was pitch dark in the corridor and I had to feel my way along.
走廊裏漆黑一團,我只得摸索着走過去。