當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第207期:匹茲堡 Pittsburg

美語情景對話 第207期:匹茲堡 Pittsburg

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.67W 次

Todd: OK, hello!

託德:你好!

Alex: Hi!

亞歷克斯:你好!

Todd: Hi, what's your name?

託德:你好,你叫什麼名字?

Alex: Alex Cromer.

亞歷克斯:亞歷克斯·克羅默。

Todd: Cromer!

託德:克羅默!

Alex: Yes, sir.

亞歷克斯:沒錯,先生。

Todd: And how do you spell that?

託德:怎麼拼寫呢?

Alex: C-R-O-M-E-R.

亞歷克斯:C-R-O-M-E-R。

Todd: OK, and where are you from Alex?

託德:好的,亞歷克斯,你來自哪裏?

Alex: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

亞歷克斯:賓夕法尼亞州匹茲堡。

Todd: OK, what's Pittsburgh like?

託德:好的,匹茲堡是什麼樣的?

Alex: Pittsburgh is, let's see, it is very quiet. It's medium size, so there's not a lot of people but enough to make it fun but you know, it's very quiet.

亞歷克斯:我想想,匹茲堡非常安靜。那是一箇中型城市,人口並不多,但是也充滿了樂趣,你知道,那裏很安靜。

Todd: OK, what's the best thing about Pittsburg?

託德:嗯,匹茲堡最好的是什麼?

Alex: Ooh, the best thing? I'd have to say, Oakland! Oakland is a part of Pittsburgh. It's where Pittsburgh University main campus is. And there's lots of stuff to do. Lots of college kids around. It's fun to hang out.

亞歷克斯:哦,最好的?那一定是奧克蘭!奧克蘭是匹茲堡的一個地區,是匹茲堡大學主校區所在地。那裏有許多可以做的事情。附近有許多大學。在那邊轉轉會有很多樂趣。

Todd: OK, did you go to the University of Pittsburg?

託德:好的,你上的是匹茲堡大學嗎?

Alex: No sir. I go to Penn State.

亞歷克斯:不是先生,我上的是美國賓州州立大學。

Todd: Oh, Penn State!

託德:哦,賓州州立大學!

Alex: Yeah!

亞歷克斯:是的!

Todd: OK, are they a rival universities?

託德:嗯,它們是競爭學校嗎?

Alex: Very much.

亞歷克斯:絕對是競爭對手。

Todd: OK, what's the worst thing about Pittsburgh?

託德:嗯,那匹茲堡最糟糕的是什麼?

Alex: Oh, well the fact that it's kind of quiet sometimes, makes it, kind of a bit boring. I mean, sometimes there is not a lot of things to do. But other than that it's OK.

亞歷克斯:哦,事實上那裏有時很安靜,所以會有點無聊。我的意思是,有時沒有什麼事可做。但是除了那個,其它都很好。

Todd: What's the weather like?

託德:那兒的天氣怎麼樣?

Alex: Ooh, it depends really. It gets really cold in winter and really hot in the summer, so it's kind of mixed.

亞歷克斯:哦,那取決於是哪個季節。那裏冬天的時候非常冷,但是夏天的時候又非常熱,有點像混合型。

美語情景對話 第207期:匹茲堡 Pittsburg

重點講解:
1. hang out
閒逛,逗留;
eg. I often used to hang out in supermarkets.
我過去經常在超市裏逛個沒完。
eg. We can just hang out and have a good time.
我們可以只是閒逛一下,開開心。
2. it depends
視情形而定;看情況;
eg. 'But how long can you stay in the house?' – 'I don't know. It depends.'
“但你能在這所房子裏呆多久呢?”——“我不知道,這要看情況。”
eg. But it really depends. It depends on whether there is any special offer or end of the season sale or mid-season sale going on or not.
但這也要看情況,通常取決於是否有特別的邀請或者季末、季中打折。