當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文散文閱讀 > 優美英文美文

優美英文美文

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.31W 次

美文的閱讀與欣賞對於中學生人文素質的提升具有不可忽視的作用。下面是本站小編帶來的優美英文美文,歡迎閱讀!

優美英文美文

優美英文美文1

Dear Josephine, I have your letter, my adorable love.

親愛的約瑟芬,我收到了你的信,我的愛人。

It has filled my heart with joy...

你的信使我充滿了歡樂

Since I left you I have been sad all the time.

自從與你分手以後,我一直悶悶不樂,愁眉不展。

My only happiness is near you.

我唯一的幸福就是伴隨着你。

I go over endlessly in my thought of your kisses, your tears, your delicious jealousy.

你的吻給了我無限的思索和回味,還有你的淚水和甜蜜的嫉妒。

The charm of my wonderful Josephine kindles a living, blazing fire in-my heart and senses.

我迷人的約瑟芬的魅力像一團熾熱的火在心裏燃燒。

When shall I be able to pass every minute near you, with nothing to do but to love you and nothing to think of but the pleasure of telling you of it and giving you the proof of it?

什麼時候我才能在你身旁度過每分每秒,除了愛你什麼也不需做;除了向你傾訴我對你的愛並向你證明愛的那種愉快,什麼也不用想了?

I loved you some time ago; since then I feel that I love you a thousand times better.

我不敢相信不久前愛上你,自那以後我感到對你的愛更增一千倍。

Ever since I have known you I adore you more every day.

自我與你相識,我一天比一天更喜愛你。

That proves how wrong is that saying of La Bruyere "Love comes all of a sudden.

這正好證明了La Bruyere說的"愛,突如其來"多麼不切合實際。

Ah, let me see some of your faults.

讓我看你的一些美中不足吧。

Be less beautiful, less graceful, less tender, less good. But never be jealous and never shed tears.

再少幾分甜美,再少幾分優雅,再少幾分溫柔撫媚,再少幾分姣好吧。但決不要嫉妒,決不要流淚。

Your tears send me out of my mind... they set my very blood on fire.

你的眼淚使我神魂顛倒你的眼淚使我熱血沸騰。

Believe me that it is utterly impossible for me to have a single thought that is not yours, a single fancy that is not submissive to your will.

相信我,我每時每刻無不想你,不想你是絕無可能的,沒有一絲意念能不順着你的意願。

Rest well. Restore your health.

好好休息,早日康復。

Come back to me and then at any rate before we die we ought to be able to say: "We were happy for so very many days!"

回到我的身邊,不管怎麼說,在我們謝世之前,我們應當能說:"我們曾有多少個幸福的日子啊!"

Millions of kisses even to your dog.

千百萬次吻,甚至吻你的愛犬。

優美英文美文2

當齋月撞上奧運會

It is said that faith is both a gift and a task. By Saturday this week most Muslims around the world will have begun observing the month of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Muslim lunar calendar known as the month of fasting. Between sunrise and sunset, the adult and able Muslim, neither eats nor drinks and while many continue their day as normal, others take time out from their daily schedule for increased prayer and worship. But this year Ramadan will prove a particular challenge to the estimated 3,000 Muslim athletes coming to the UK for the Olympics.

人們說信仰既是饋贈也是任務。這週六,世界各地大多數的穆斯林要開始慶祝齋月。齋月是伊斯蘭曆的第九個月,是穆斯林封齋的月份。健康的成年穆斯林在日出後到日落前禁止一切飲食,許多人繼續日常的生活,有些人會抽空花更多時間做禱告和禮拜。不過今年的齋月有一項特別的挑戰,大約三千名穆斯林運動員將來英國參加奧運會。

This is probably the first time in recent history when the Olympic Games and Ramadan coincide. Some have chosen to defer their fasts till the games are over while other will probably train and compete around their 16 to 17 hours of fasting. It's true that some people find fasting easier than others, but personally speaking I'm amazed at any athlete who feels able to compete having gone without food or drink for so long. In London mosques are organising themselves to lay on evening meals or iftars to welcome all athletes of all backgrounds, Muslim and non-Muslim as a gesture of solidarity and hospitality. Sacred time will hopefully bring people together in new ways and create new friendships. While Ramadan is understood as a fundamental pillar of Islam, it can often become one of the most debated issues of faith.

這也是奧運會和齋月自近代以來的第一次相遇。有的人選擇在奧運會結束後進行齋戒,然而,有的人也許會鍛鍊自己,在比賽的同時完成每天16到17小時的齋戒。當然,對一些人來說,齋戒並不像其他人覺得的那樣吃力,但就我而言,只要有運動員在這麼長時間內不吃不喝的情況下還覺得自己有競爭力,我都會感到驚歎不已。倫敦的各個清真寺都在組織提供晚餐或者開齋小吃給所有運動員享用,不論他們是何種出身,是否是穆斯林,展現他們團結一致、熱情好客的姿態。神聖的時刻有希望能以嶄新的方式把人們聚集在一起,結成新的友誼。齋月被認爲是伊斯蘭教基本的精神之柱,因此它常被捲入信仰這一飽受爭議的話題。

There are exemptions from fasting for the elderly, the pregnant, the sick and infirm, those travelling, those on medication but these categories are traditional categories not always catering for the demands of modern times. Summer months here in the UK are the most challenging with long periods of daylight when life in theory should go on as normal but is simply not possible for so many. Every year there are debates and rulings about who can be exempt, how to make up for missed fasts, but in my view, people's approach to Ramadan remains quite conservative and in fact its difficulty becomes its very appeal. It's sacred time, a holy month and in the eyes of many fasting remains the ultimate act of endurance and patience in obedience to God. The Qur'an itself refers to fasting in various verses but one reads, "God intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you." This kind of verse can be open to a variety of interpretations about how to live your faith more respectfully, not just in this month but throughout life. Physical abstinence is undoubtedly difficult but like all rituals, the period of self-reflection is essentially about transforming oneself both in body and soul.

老人、孕婦、病弱之人、旅人和需要服藥的人可以不進行齋戒,但這些只是傳統的規定,並沒有順應現代社會。英國夏天的這幾個月日照時間長,極具挑戰性,儘管在理論上能夠正常生存,但實際上對許多人都是不可能的。每年人們都爲誰能免於齋戒以及如何彌補錯過的齋戒爭論不休,制定各種規定,但依我看來,人們對待齋月的方式依舊十分傳統,而且許多難題亟待解決。這是一個神聖的時期,一個聖潔的月份,在許多人眼中,齋戒是遵從真主表現忍耐力和耐心的基本行爲。在《古蘭經》中,有各種各樣描寫齋戒的詩句,有一句這樣說到,“真主賜予你從容,他不會讓你爲難。”這一詩句從多種方面詮釋了應如何更加恭敬地對待自己的信仰,不僅僅在這一個月裏,而是在整個生命歷程中。毫無疑問,在生理上完全禁食是非常困難的,但和所有宗教儀式一樣,人們自省的本質是從身心上改變自己。

優美英文美文3

I sit on the bridge, my feet dangling over the edge into the cool water. My chin rests on the wrought iron railing.

我坐在這座橋上,雙腳搭在邊上伸到清涼的水中。我的下巴靠在鐵藝欄杆上。

I stare at the tree across the water. An orange leaf drifts off and lands in the water and I watch the ripples as they spread.

我盯着水那邊的那棵樹。一片橙色的葉子飄下來落在水面上,我看着漣漪盪漾開來。

The water is still today, the calmest that we’ve had all week.

今天的水很平靜,是一週以來最平靜的一天。

When my sister and I were younger, Mum used to say there was a water spirit that lived in the river.

當我姐姐和我小的時候,媽媽常說有個水怪住在這條河裏。

On the stormy days when the water was rough, she said it was because he was angry.

在暴風雨的日子裏水面洶涌時,她說那是因爲水怪很憤怒。

I always laughed and told her that there was no such thing as a water spirit.

我總是笑着告訴她,沒有水怪這種東西。

I wish she was here to tell that story again.

我希望她還在,再講一次這個故事。

I stand slowly and walk over the bridge across the water.

我慢慢起身走過水麪上的橋。

The boards creak beneath my feet and the wind blows my auburn hair into my eyes.

橋板在我的腳下吱吱作響,風把我赤褐色的頭髮吹進了眼睛裏。

Mum always told me my hair was so beautiful and that I should let it grow until it touched the floor.

媽媽總是告訴我,我的頭髮是如此美麗,我應該讓它一直長到碰到地面。

I knew she was joking, but I did it anyway.

我知道她在開玩笑,但我還是這麼做了。

Maybe I did it because it reminds me of her, but I don't really know why.

也許就是因爲這樣做讓我想起了她,但我真的不知道爲什麼。

I have to braid it every day to stop it knotting, and it feels like it takes an age to brush out, but it's worth it. It makes me feel like she's still here with me.

爲了防止頭髮打結,我每天都要把它編起來,梳頭髮時感覺要過好久才能梳好,但這樣做卻很值得。這讓我覺得她還在這裏,跟我在一起。

I feel my feet touch the damp dirt and I tilt my head up.

我感覺到我的腳碰到了潮溼的泥土,我仰起頭來。

The giant maple tree stands tall and wide in front of me.

一棵巨大的楓樹高高地矗立在我面前。

An orange leaf falls on my nose and I shake it off with a smile.

一片橙色的葉子落在我鼻子上,我笑笑,把它給甩掉了。

This place is so beautiful.

這裏是如此美麗。

I walk around the island slowly, taking in everything.

我漫步在島上,欣賞着一切。

The sight of the city over the water, the sound of birds chirping, the feel of the dirt under my toes and the smell of autumn.

水面上城市的倒影,鳥兒的鳴叫聲,腳下泥土的感覺以及秋天的氣息。

Whenever we went to the park, Mum would stand still, close her eyes and breathe deeply.

每當我們去到公園,媽媽都會站着不動,閉上眼睛深呼吸。

Once, when I asked her what she was doing, she told me she was getting to know the park by listening to the trees and feeling the ground beneath her feet.

有一次,我問她在做什麼,她說她在通過聆聽樹木和感受腳下的土地來了解這個公園。

I hesitate when I reach the grey stone path.

我走到灰石板路時猶豫了一下。

It is worn and I can see moss and weeds growing in the cracks.

它已經很舊了,我看到夾縫中長出了苔蘚和雜草。

I shake the leaves out of my hair and pick my way along the path.

我將頭髮裏的樹葉甩掉,沿着這條路繼續走。

It winds through the trees and shrubs until it hits the biggest tree.

它蜿蜒地穿過樹和灌木,延伸到一棵最大的樹。

There, in front of the tree is a grave stone.

在那裏,樹前有一塊墓碑。

I pick a flower from the ground and lay it in front of the stone as I kneel down.

我從地上摘了一朵花,放在墓碑前,跪了下來。

I read the words on the grave stone. Marisa Lorizo, 24th May 1978 - 18th September 2010.

我讀着墓碑上的字。Marisa Lorizo,1978 年 5 月 24 日 -2010 年 9 月 18 日。

Sadness wells up inside me and a single tear slides from my eye, then another, then another.

我內心涌出一股悲傷來,然後一滴眼淚從眼裏流出來,然後又一滴,接着又一滴。

I cry until I can’t cry anymore.

我一直哭,直到我再也哭不出來。

I take a deep breath and look up with red eyes and tear stained cheeks to see that the sun is setting.

我深吸一口氣,然後紅着眼,眼淚還留在臉頰上,擡起頭來,看到太陽在落下。

Rays of orange and pink light bathe the water and I suck in a breath.

橙色和粉紅色的光線照耀着水面,我吸了一口氣。

The sight is breathtaking.

這景象美得令人窒息。

I remember that this was her favourite time of day.

我記得這是媽媽一天當中最喜歡的時光。

I stand up. It is time to go home.

我站起身,該回家了。

I look at the grave one last time and blow a kiss towards it.

我最後看了一眼墓碑,朝它飛吻了一下。

“I miss you, Mum.”

“我想念你,媽媽。”