當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文美文著述 > 趣味美文:高個子女生的煩惱

趣味美文:高個子女生的煩惱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2W 次

導讀:儘管人人都覺得高個子女生實在棒極了,但她們也有屬於高個子的煩惱。

趣味美文:高個子女生的煩惱

Being a tall girl has its difficult moments. Between being gawkedat in public and struggling to find the perfect pair of jeans, tallpeople have a special set of grievances.

高個女孩兒有她們的難處。在公共場合被人傻傻盯着,想找到一條合身的牛仔褲比登天還難,這種苦只有她們自己才懂。

  Let's start with the top 20:

  我們來看看高個女孩兒最常見的20個煩惱:

1. That whole "fingertip length" rule in grade school was your worst nightmare.

小學時的指尖規則(指女孩子穿裙子/短褲時,裙子的長度要正好和手臂下垂時手指尖所在的腿部位置齊平或更長)是你一生的噩夢。

2. Pants are never long enough, so you have to shop at specialty stores.

褲子總是不夠長,專賣店是你唯一的選擇。

3. You were the tallest person in your grade until at least sophomore year of high school.

小學時你永遠都是學校裏的擎天柱,直到差不多高二,形勢纔可能有改觀。

4. Parents and friends always said you'd "find someone your height in college."

父母和朋友總會對你說:“到了大學你就會找到和你一樣高的人了。”

5. You still dream of marrying a basketball player or rando giant.

你還不死心,希望嫁給一個籃球運動員或者隨便一個巨人。

6. Occasionally, doorways present a very real threat to your forehead.

你的額頭偶爾會狠狠地撞到門框。

7. You inadvertently look over bathroom stall walls because they're shorter than you.

洗澡時,你總能放眼整個浴室,因爲浴室隔間的牆沒有你高。

8. Long limbs make you look clumsier than you really are.

手長腿長讓你看起來更加笨拙。

9. When you trip and fall, it really is a long way down.

跌一跤還要花很長時間才落地。

10. People ALWAYS assume you played basketball or volleyball.

別人總覺得你會打籃球或是排球。

11. You visibly cringe every time you're asked, "How's the weather up there?"

每次被問到:“上面的空氣怎麼樣?”,都很尷尬。

12. Grown men and women, as well as little kids, actually point and stare.

男女老少都會對你指指點點,盯着你看。

13. Finding someone to dance with is always hard.

要想找個人做舞伴真是難乎其難。

14. You can't wear heels without everyone you know commenting on it.

一穿高跟鞋就被周圍的人評頭論足。

15. You know your future daughter will also hate you when she's 6 feet tall in middle school.

你知道,將來你的女兒在中學就飆到6英尺高時會恨你。

16. Shirt sizes -- S, M, L or XL -- mean nothing to you because they're all too short.

衣服尺寸-小碼,中碼,大碼,加大碼——對你來說這些都是浮雲,因爲它們對你而言都太短了。

17. Shaving your legs is not only a feat of strength and balance -- it's a true test of perseverance.

刮腿毛並不僅僅只是力氣和平衡感的問題——這是對你毅力的真正考驗。

18. Being a gymnast or ballerina was just NOT in your future.

你的未來與“體操運動員”和“芭蕾舞演員”永遠都沾不上邊。

19. People loudly complain when you stand in front of them at concerts.

聽音樂會坐在前排時,你總能聽見後面一大羣人在大聲抱怨。

20. Doing pushups, lunges, benching and squatting are way harder for you. It's just SO FARDOWN, people.

做俯臥撐、弓步、彎腰和下蹲對你而言更加困難,因爲離地太遠了。

Regardless, everyone knows the truth. Tall girls ROCK.

不管如何,人人都知道,高個女孩兒都棒極了。