當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 小天使們的傷心事,心疼哭

小天使們的傷心事,心疼哭

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.24K 次

What is the saddest thing you have heard a child say?
你聽孩子說過的最令人難過的事是什麼?
獲得14.8k好評的答案@Charlotte Neumann

小天使們的傷心事,心疼哭

I have a neighbor. He shouts at his kids a lot. He has a close friend with a little girl, Mindy. Does this guy also shout at his kids a lot? I don't know...
我有個鄰居,他經常大聲罵孩子。他的一個好朋友有個小女兒,叫明迪,但是我不知道那個人是否也經常大聲罵孩子……
The other day, my neighbor's son Marco, 6, and Mindy, also 6, rang my door bell. "Marco threw his monster ball on your balcony. We want to get it - if you won't be angry?"
有一天,我鄰居6歲的兒子馬爾科,和同樣6歲的明迪按響了我的門鈴。“馬爾科把他的怪獸球扔到你家陽臺了,我們想拿回它——你不會生氣吧?”
Me: Of course I won't be angry. Come in.
我:當然不會生氣。請進吧。
Mindy: Are you really not angry?
明迪:你真的沒有生氣?
Me: No.
我:真的不會。
Mindy: When are you angry?
明迪:那你什麼時候生氣呀?
Me: I'm never angry with kids.
我:我從不跟孩子生氣。
Mindy: Really?
明迪:真的嗎?
Me: Yes.
我:真的。
Mindy: Never?
明迪:從來沒有?
Me: Never.
我:從來沒有。
Mindy: Not even if we do something wrong?
明迪:即使我們做錯了也不生氣?
Me: No. I'd probably tell you it was wrong, but I wouldn't be angry.
我:不生氣。我可能會告訴你那是錯的,但是我不會生氣。
Mindy looked at me, then repeated: "You won't be angry with me?"
明迪看着我,然後又說了一遍:“你真的不會跟我們生氣?”
Me: I will never be angry with you.
我:我永遠也不會跟你們生氣。
She looked at me again, for a few seconds, then flung herself into my arms.
她又看了我幾秒鐘,然後飛撲進我的懷裏。
I didn't even know her, before this. There's no saying exactly what the background is, but I found it sad.
在此之前我從未了解過她。我說不準她的家庭背景到底是什麼樣的,但是我覺得這件事讓人很難過。
獲得9.9k好評的答案@Aaron Hammett

In recent news, a man had entered into an electrified swimming pool to save his daughter and subsequently died from electrocution. His daughter survived.
最近有個新聞,有個男人進到一個通了電的游泳池去救他的女兒,隨後他就觸電死亡,但是他的女兒活下來了。
My 5 year old son looked wide-eyed as I read the report to my wife. Silence overtook the room for a moment and then in a still, small voice he said, "Daddy, would you die for me?"
當我給妻子念這條新聞的時候,我5歲的兒子睜大眼睛看着我。一時間屋裏一片寂靜,過了一會兒,他小聲說道:“爸爸,你會爲我而死嗎?”
"Yes, of course."
“當然會。”
Tears welled up in his baby brown eyes. "I would die for you, too."
他如嬰兒般的棕色眼睛裏涌出了淚水。“我也會爲你而死的。”
Needless to say, I swept him into my arms and broke down.
無需多言,我把他擁進懷裏,失聲痛哭。
獲得1.2k好評的答案@Cheryl Lightfoot

I was out all day, and didn't check in with my son, thinking at his age (17) he wouldn't care what I was doing. I was wrong. He somehow got it into his head that I might have had an accident. And worse, since his father died, I am his only parent. He said to me later, in a tone that showed exactly how scared and hurt he was, that I had frightened him into thinking he now had no parents and was all alone in the world. Needless to say, I felt horrible and have vowed to check in if I am ever out later than expected.
我在外面呆了一整天,也沒和我兒子報備一下,我覺得他已經17歲了,也不在乎我在做什麼。然而我錯了。他莫名其妙地覺得我可能出事了。更糟糕的是,自從他爸爸去世後,我是他唯一的家長了。他隨後對我說,我嚇得他覺得他現在沒有父母了、孤身一人活在世上,語氣十分驚慌,很是受傷的樣子。毋庸置疑,我覺得這很可怕,並且發誓如果我比預想中要晚回家的話一定會向他報備。