校園生活:Fighting a Parking Ticket 因停車罰單而起的爭吵
28. Fighting a Parking Ticket
28.因停車罰單而起的爭吵
A: You know you can't park here, right?
A:你知道你不能停在這,對吧?
B: Listen, I had to talk to my friend really quickly, and there was no parking spaces.
B:聽着,我必須很快的和我的朋友談談,這裏沒有停車的地方了。
A: I'm going to have to give you a ticket.
A:我將不得不給你開一個罰單。
B: I'm a broke college student.
B:我是個一文不名的大學生。
A: And I'm a broke police officer. Deal with it.
A:我是個一文不名的警官。成交。
B: Can't you just let me off with a warning?
B:難道你不能只是給我個警告然後讓我走嗎?
A: No way. I have to be firm with you.
A:沒門。我必須嚴格對你。
B: I'll buy you a box of donuts.
B:我會給你買一盒甜甜圈。
A: You have got to be kidding me.
A:你在開玩笑吧。
B: I thought all cops liked donuts.
B:我以為所有的警察都喜歡甜甜圈。
A: That's a stereotype. You should really learn to be quiet.
A:這是偏見。你真的應該學會保持安靜。
B: I'll stay quiet if you let me off with a warning。
B:如果你只是給我個警告並讓我走,我就會保持安靜。