當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(一)

掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(一)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.12W 次

要想在實際生活中聽懂英語,你必須對某些習語非常熟悉。習語在日常生活中得到廣泛使用,因此掌握習語十分必要。你得知道這些習語的真正含義,知道如何運用,爭取成爲一名“行家”。

掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(一)

本文將介紹一些當下最常用的英語習語,請記住,知識就是力量。

1. CRUNCH TIME: the period of time just before a project has to be completed and everyone has to work hard

1.關鍵時期:項目竣工之前的一段時期,人人都在加緊工作


I’m not getting enough sleep these days. It’s crunch time at work.

這些天,我從沒好好休息過,畢竟現在正處在攻堅期。

YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY:to let others see your uniqueness

2.展示身手:讓他人看到自己的獨特性


My colleagues were surprised at the Christmas party- I let my freak flag fly and showed them a break dance routine.

聖誕會上,同事們驚呆了——我一顯身手跳了段霹靂舞。

3. GET OUT OF HAND:when you lose control of things, they get out of hand

3.失控:對某事失去控制,出現混亂。


The party got out of hand and the guests started to throw bottles at each other.

來賓們互相擲瓶,聚會一度失控。

4. GET YOUR HEAD AROUND IT:to understand something

4.集中精力:弄清某事


I just can’t get my head around the fact that Joe is leaving us.

我還是想不通喬爲何要離我們而去。

5. DIG IN YOUR HEELS / STICK TO YOUR GUNS: to refuse to compromise or change your mind

5.立場堅定/決不動搖:拒絕讓步或改變主意


My parents wanted me to give up writing, but I dug in my heels and went on to become a famous writer.

父母勸我放棄寫作,但我立場堅定,立志成爲一名出色的作家。

6. POUND THE PAVEMENT: to walk the streets looking for a job

6.在人行道徘徊:徘徊街頭找工作


I’d been pounding the pavement for months before I found a job in a fast food restaurant.

在街上徘徊了數月,我才找到這份快餐店的工作。

A RABBIT OUT OF A HAT: to do something unexpected that may have seemed impossible

7.另闢蹊徑:做一些讓人出乎意料,看上去不可能實現之事


I thought we were going bankrupt, but my partner pulled a rabbit out of his hat and we landed a major contract.

原以爲我們要破產了,但我的生意夥伴另闢蹊徑接到了一個大單子。

8. LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED: to do everything you can to achieve your goal

8.不遺餘力:千方百計實現某事


I’ll leave no stone unturned until I find out who did this.

不管用什麼辦法,我都會查出這是誰幹的。

9. GET IT OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM: to do something you’ve wanted to do for a long time and don’t want to postpone any longer

9.迫不及待:去做某項盼望已久的事情,不願再等待


I wasn’t sure how she was going to react, but I had to get it out of my system, so I told her I had found another woman.

我不知道她會有什麼反應,但是我等不下去了。因此,我告訴她自己移情別戀了。

10. STEP UP YOUR GAME: to start performing better

10.迎頭趕上:做出更佳表現


If you want to win this competition, you’ll have to step up your game.

要想在這次競爭中獲勝,你必須加把勁兒了。

11. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER: to calm down and behave normally

11.振作起來:冷靜下來,恢復正常


I understand you’ve had a bad day, but pull yourself together and get on with your job, will you?

我知道你今天不容易,但是振作起來開始工作好嗎?

12. SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT: either start performing better or leave

12.好好幹不然就走人:好好表現不然就走人


This is the last time I’m telling you to arrive on time. Shape up or ship out.

我再說最後一遍,按時上班好好幹,不然就走人。

13. Cut SOMEBODY SOME SLACK:to give somebody a break/ not to judge somebody severely

13.放人一馬:給人留有喘息的餘地,而非咄咄逼人


I was extremely busy last week. Cut me some slack and I’ll finish the report by tomorrow morning.

上星期我簡直忙到飛起。給我點喘息的時間,明早我就交報告。

14. BY THE SKIN OF YOUR TEETH:when you do something by the skin of your teeth, you only just succeed/ nearly fail

14.僥倖成功:僥倖成功做某事,差一點失敗


I hadn’t studied much, but passed the test by the skin of my teeth.

雖然我準備不多,但僥倖通過了測試。

15. ONCE IN A BLUE MOON:when something rarely ever happens

15.千載難逢:極少會發生某事


We used to see him all the time, but now he just visits us once in a blue moon.

過去我們經常見面,但現在他許久都不來一次。