當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(四)

掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(四)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.86W 次

掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(四)

41. FREAK OUT:to become very angry, scared or excited

41.爆發:變得憤怒、恐懼或興奮


Mum, don’t freak out! I married a guy in Las Vegas.

媽媽,別太激動!我在拉斯維加斯結婚了。

42. BE A CATCH:be someone worth marrying/having

42.值得追求的人:成爲值得追求/擁有的人


John is taking me out tonight. He’s such a catch, I hope he’ll propose.

我和約翰今晚有約。他是一位值得擁有的人,希望他能向我求婚。

43. PIECE OF CAKE:when something is extremely easy to do

43.小事一樁:某事極爲簡單


Do you think you could beat him in a race?


-Yeah, piece of cake. I’m definitely a lot faster than him.


你覺得自己跑得過他麼?


-當然了,這簡直是小事一樁。我跑的肯定比他快。


44. HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD:used if something someone says, is precisely correct

44.一針見血:言論有的放矢,擊中要害


My doctor hit the nail on the head. He knew exactly what was wrong with me!

主治大夫一針見血,他很清楚我哪裏不舒服。

45. COSTS AN ARM AND A LEG:when something is very expensive

45.費用極高:某物極爲昂貴


My son wants that mountain bike for his birthday, but it’ll cost an arm and a leg!

兒子想要一臺山地車作爲生日禮物,但是山地車太貴了!


46. HIT THE BOOKS:to study very hard

46.用功學習:努力學習


Do you want to go for lunch somewhere nice?


-No thanks, I’m going to hit the books. I have an exam coming up soon.


你想去吃點好的嗎?


-不拉,謝謝。馬上要考試了,我打算回家看書。


47. BITE OFF MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW:to take on something that is too much for you to handle

47.好高騖遠:不切實際地追求過高過遠的目標


He bit off more than he could chew, and I don’t think he can handle it anymore. 

他做事有些好高騖遠,我覺得他做不完這些工作。

48. WHEN PIGS FLY:this means that something will never happen

48.無稽之談:某事永遠不會發生


Aren’t you going to buy that dream house you told me about?


-Ugh, I will when pigs fly. It’s just so expensive; I don’t think it’ll happen.


你打算買上次說到的那幢心儀已久的房子嗎?


-噢,這個夢想很難實現,畢竟這幢房子太貴了。


49. DON’T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER:this means don’t make a decision based on a brief impression or outward appearance

49.不要以貌取人:不要根據短暫的印象或外表做判定


I don’t like our new neighbors very much, they’re quite strange.


-Hey, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. Give them a chance, I think they’re just a bit quirky but really nice!


我很不喜歡這些新鄰居,他們怪怪的。


-嘿,你不能以貌取人。多接觸一下,相信他們只是有點奇怪並非人不友善。


50. YOU ROCK:you are great

50.你真棒:你很不錯


Thanks for the tickets, Rob. You rock!

感謝你的門票,鮑勃。你真贊!

51. MISS THE BOAT: when someone has missed their opportunity to do something

51.錯失良機:錯過機會做某事


Have you applied for that job yet?


-No, I think I may have missed the boat. I should’ve done it last week.


你遞交工作申請了麼?


-沒有,已經太晚了。我應該上週遞交申請的。