當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(三)

掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(三)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.1W 次

掌握這些習語,英語交流不再難(三)

31. BE TICKLED PINK: to be excited and happy

31.樂壞了:十分開心


She was tickled pink by all the compliments she’d received.

聽到那些讚美之言,她樂壞了。

32.A BAKER’S DOZEN: thirteen

32.麪包師的一打:意爲十三


Check out our baker’s dozen language learning tips.

看看這十三條語言學習技巧。

33. COMFORT FOOD: food that makes you feels better, because it reminds you of your childhood

33.爽心食物:讓人感到安慰、掀起童年記憶的食物


After a tiring day, it’s so nice to make some comfort food and settle down with a good book.

忙碌一天後能夠吃到爽心的食物,輕輕鬆鬆看會兒書,真好啊。

34. SKELETON CREW: the minimum number of people needed to keep a service/office operating

34.核心人員:少數不可替人員或操作項目


Can you come back after the holidays? We’re operating with a skeleton crew at the moment.

假期過後能儘快回來嗎?我們正在處理一項核心操作。

35. LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY:to let something happen, no matter what happens next

35.不顧後果:執意做某事,不管後果如何


I must tell John how I feel about him, let the chips fall where they may.

無論發生什麼後果,我都得告訴約翰自己對他的看法。

36. NO-BRAINER:an easy decision

36.明擺的事:顯而易見的事


Do you think I should propose to Judy?


-Come on, it’s a no-brainer. She’s such a fantastic woman!


我該向朱迪求婚嗎?


-這還用說,她多動人啊!


37. A STONE’S THROW: very near

37.一步之遙:非常近


The hotel was a stone’s throw from the beach. I loved it.

這家酒店離沙灘一步之遙,我很喜歡。

38. HEAR ON THE GRAPEVINE:to hear a rumor or unconfirmed story

38.小道消息:謠言或未經考證的消息


I heard on the grapevine that Charlie and Sarah are dating at the moment.

據小道消息,查理和薩拉訂婚了。

39. SIT ON THE FENCE: to stay neutral and not take sides

39.腳踩兩隻船:保持中立


Well don’t you think I’m right, he’s been acting differently hasn’t he?


-I’m sitting on the fence with this one; you’re both my good friends.


你不認爲他已經變了,要站在我這邊嗎?


-你倆都是我的好朋友,對此我保持中立。


40. TAKE WHAT SOMEONE SAYS WITH A PINCH OF SALT:regard something as exaggerated, or only believe a part of something

40.將信將疑:認爲某事被放大,對某事半信半疑


Did you hear what Tina said happened in the office yesterday?


-Oh, I would take anything she says with a pinch of salt.


你有聽到緹娜昨天在辦公室說的話嗎?


-我對她講的所有內容都半信半疑。