當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 每日英語口語 > 英協視頻:如何拒絕邀請(How to turn down an invitation)

英協視頻:如何拒絕邀請(How to turn down an invitation)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.95W 次

media.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" height="360" width="480">

英協視頻:如何拒絕邀請(How to turn down an invitation)

How to turn down an invitation
如何拒絕邀請

Oh no!
噢,不!

What is it?
怎麼了?

“Josh and Henrietta would like to have the pleasure of your company at a drinks party, next Saturday evening...”
 “喬希和漢麗埃塔想邀請你下週六晚上參加酒會……”

Oh no, Josh and Henrietta... they’re not that couple who...?
噢,不,喬希和漢麗埃塔……不就是那對……夫妻嗎?

Yeah exactly! And it gets worse...
是,就是他們!還有更糟的……

How?
什麼?

“Formal dress...”
“請着正裝……”

Argh.... it means you’ve got to wear a suit....
啊……這就意味着你要穿西裝……

At the bottom it says “RSVP”. What does it mean?
最後還說“敬請賜復”。是什麼意思?

You’ve got to reply.
就是要你回覆。

But I don’t want to go, so what can I say?
可我不想去,那我該怎麼答覆?

Tell them you’ve got a dentist’s appointment.
告訴他們你已經約了牙醫。

Josh is my dentist!
喬希就是我的牙醫!

Tell them it’s your grandmother’s 100th birthday party.
告訴他們你要去參加你外婆的百歲生日宴會。

But they know my granny died ages ago.
可他們知道我外婆幾年前已經去世了。

Tell them your dog’s sick and you’ve got to take him to see the vet.
告訴他們你的狗病了,你要帶它去看獸醫。

It’s no use – I’m just going to have to tell them the truth...
這也沒用– 我要跟他們實話實說……

The truth? “I’m not coming to your birthday party because I think you’re boring and stupid?”
實話實說?“我不來參加你們的生日派對,是因爲你們很傻很無聊?”

Maybe not then...
也許不太合適……

Tell them this: “I’m unable to attend because I have a prior engagement.”
這樣跟他們說:“我已經有約了,所以沒法參加。”

“Prior engagement”?! And… they won’t be offended?
“已經有約了”?!可……可是這樣難道不會冒犯他們嗎?

Absolutely not.
肯定不會。

Perfect!
好極了!