當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第170期:Put Someone on the Spot

一分鐘英語 第170期:Put Someone on the Spot

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.25W 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Doing something "on the spot" means doing something right now.

當場做某事的意思就是立即做某事。

For example, someone could offer you a job "on the sport" right after meeting you.

例如,某人會在見你之後,當場就聘用你。

But let's see if we can figure out this expression. Put Someone on the Spot

但是讓我們看看這個表達是什麼意思。令人難堪

一分鐘英語 第170期:Put Someone on the Spot

Hey, Jonathan, how was your meeting with Christina?

嘿,喬納森,你和克里斯蒂娜的會議怎麼樣?

She asked me how I thought she was doing with the new project.

她問我對她現在做的新項目有什麼看法。

Well, that's direct. I know.

真的很直接啊。

She really put me on the spot. I actually think she could be doing a lot better.

她真的令我很難堪。其實我覺得她可以做得更好。

To "put someone on the spot" means to put them in a tough or uncomfortable situation.

令人難堪指的就是把某人置於一個困難、不舒適的情形下。

Usually it means demanding an immediate answer or action.

通常其意爲命令某人立即給出答覆或反應。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!