當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第161期:Straight from the Horse's Mouth

一分鐘英語 第161期:Straight from the Horse's Mouth

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.93W 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

This American idiom is about getting your facts right.

這個美語俚語是指直接收到消息。

Did you hear that rumor going around about Craig and Cheryl calling off their wedding?

你聽說關於克萊和查理要取消婚禮的那個謠言了嗎?

Yeah. I heard it straight from the horse's mouth.

我聽說了。我是直接從當事人那裏得到的消息。

Craig told me he's calling off the wedding.

克萊告訴我他正在取消婚禮。

I didn't want to ask too many questions, but it's true.

我不想問太多問題,但是這是真的。

一分鐘英語 第161期:Straight from the Horse's Mouth

Do people really look into a horse's mouth for facts?

人們真的要從馬嘴中尋找事實嘛?

Straight from the horse's mouth means you got information about a situation directly from a person involved, and not through rumors.

Straight from the horse's mouth的意思是直接從當事人那裏得到消息,而不是通過謠言。

The saying comes from the fact that people can tell the true age of a horse by looking at the teeth in its mouth.

這個說法來源於人們可以通過觀察馬嘴中的牙齒,就可以知道馬的年齡這一事實。

So if you get your information straight from the horse's mouth, you have the truth!

因此當你直接從當事人那裏得到消息時,那麼你就是得到了事實!

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!