當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第362期:雅思詞彙(222)

點滴英語天天學第362期:雅思詞彙(222)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.54W 次

1. Expression:lift a hand

點滴英語天天學第362期:雅思詞彙(222)

Explanation:To make the slightest effort to do something, especially to help someone. (盡舉手之勞,幫一點點忙)

Example:He didn’t lift a hand to help me when I was in trouble.

我陷入困境時,他一點也不幫忙。

She does all the work in the house. Nobody else lifts a hand.

她在家裏做完所有的工作,沒有人幫她。

情景對話:

A: Tina, would you like to help me make the apple pies?

Tina,你可以幫我做蘋果派嗎?

B: Sorry, Mum. But I am watching my favourite TV programs.

對不起,媽媽,我在看我最喜歡的電視節目 。

A: Tina, you are really let me down. You never lift a finger around the house.

Tina,你真的很讓我失望,你在家裏從來不幫一點忙。

2. Expression:burn one’s fingers

Explanation:To hurt or harm oneself. (因管閒事而吃苦頭,傷害到自己,自尋煩惱,自找苦吃)

Example:It was too late for him to regret as he had burned his fingers.

他因管閒事而自找苦吃,真是後悔莫及。

If you invest in that company and you'll burn your fingers. Its future is very uncertain.

如果你投資那家公司會虧本的,因爲那家公司前途難卜。

Don't burn your fingers by getting too involved.

不要介入得太深以致於惹火燒身。

I burned my fingers by letting them use my car. They crashed it and the repair cost will be very expensive.

把車借給他們我可吃了大虧——他們把車子撞壞了,修理費要一大筆錢。