當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 《Nikita》S02E08筆記:你有些不知所措了吧

《Nikita》S02E08筆記:你有些不知所措了吧

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.99K 次

《Nikita》S02E08筆記:你有些不知所措了吧

1、'Cause I'm not really set up for a...

我可沒準備好...


set up

準備;安排


e.g: Can someone set the overhead projector up?

誰能準備下投影儀?


2、We should get somebody to swing by your apartment, pick up some new clothes.

我們該派人去趟你的公寓拿一些新衣服過來。


swing by

短暫拜訪;路經


e.g: I'll swing by the grocery store on my way.

我會路過去趟雜貨店。


3、We need to profile one of her staff, preferably someone low on the totem pole.

我們得收集她員工的資料,最好是一名低級員工。


low on the totem pole

地位等級低


4、Does put you in a bit of a pickle, doesn't it?

你有些不知所措了吧?


be in a (pretty) pickle

爲難;不知所措


e.g: Don't be that person who wakes up one day wondering where life went and finds their self in a pickle, or worse – with regrets.

不要等哪一天醒來卻不知道生活走到了哪裏,而自己身陷困境甚至悔恨萬千。


5、That should be enough to get your mission off the ground, don't you think?

這筆錢應該足夠讓你開始這項任務了,你覺得呢?


get off the ground

(使)成功開始


e.g: Her show never really got off the ground in the UK.

她的表演在英國就沒成功開始過。


6、You'd be closing the door on any further opportunity, and you'd be pissing me off.

你卻會爲此壞了長遠大計,而且還會惹怒我。


piss somebody off

惹怒


e.g: The way she treats me really pisses me off.

她那樣騙我的確惹怒了我。


7、Unless she's already taken a liking to you.

除非她已經有點看上你了。


take a liking to

開始喜歡;看上


e.g: He immediately took a liking to Steve.

他很快就喜歡上史蒂夫了。


8、I disobey direct orders, and six will string me up.

不聽上司指揮,軍情六處不會放過我。


string somebody up

吊死,絞死。在這裏並不一定就是吊死,意思是殺了我,不會放過我。


9、I'll hold 'em off. Get inside.

我拖住他們,你先進去。


hold somebody off

(使)不接近


e.g: There's already a crowd of reporters outside - I'll try to hold them off for a while.

外面早已經擠滿了記者——我去儘量拖住他們一會。