當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2001期:堅持不懈,頑強致力於.

迷你對話學地道口語第2001期:堅持不懈,頑強致力於.

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.97K 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第2001期:堅持不懈,頑強致力於.

A: Hello, Henry. Say, how are your French lessons coming along?

你好,亨利。說說看,你的法語學得怎麼樣啦?

B: Well, to be honest, I still haven't made much progress. But the French test is approaching.

噢,老實說,我沒有多大進步,可是法語就要考試了。

A: Don't be discouraged. Keep plugging away, and I think you'll eventually make a progress.

別泄氣,不要灰心,我想你會有進步的。

B: I suppose I do.

我也應該這樣想。

一, 詞海拾貝

plug away

e.g. To continue trying or working diligently (at something). (堅持不懈,頑強地致力於)

usage:表述“堅持不懈做某事”“頑強地致力於某事”,在短語後面用介詞at,即:pluck away at。它也可和keep連用,表示這個意思,即:keep plugging away。

e.g. I'm really not very good at math, but I've got to keep plugging away if I want to get into an engineering program.

我的數學真的很差勁,但是如果我想參與一個工程項目,我必須要堅持不懈地努力學好數學。

e.g. John's been plugging away at the new project, but I don't think he's enjoying it very much.

約翰一直在埋頭苦幹那個新項目,但我認爲他不太喜歡。

e.g. John kept plugging away at the trumpet until he became pretty good at it.

約翰一直在孜孜不倦地吹喇叭,直到他吹得相當好爲止。

二, 語彙積累

1. to be honest:說實話,老實說

e.g. Let me be honest with you——I don't think we have a chance of winning.

我和你說實話吧——我認爲我沒有獲勝的可能。

e.g. To be honest, we used to spin our work out and try to kill time in the old society.

老實說,在過去的舊社會,我們做起事來是磨洋工。

2. make a progess:取得進步,取得進展

e.g. The government is making a big progess in keeping Beijing green.

北京政府在城市綠化中取得很大的進步。

e.g. I 'll expect to hear that you make a progress in your study .

期望聽到你學習取得進步的消息。

3. come along :進展,進步

e.g. How are the preparations for the meeting coming along?

會議的準備工作進行得怎樣了?

e.g. How are you coming along with the plans for your factory buildings?

你們廠房設計圖搞得怎麼樣了?

e.g. How are the skirts coming along? You said that we'd have them next month.

裙子的情況如何呢?你說過我們下個月可取貨。