社交:Accepting an Invitation to a Party 接受聚會邀請
5. Accepting an Invitation to a Party
5. 接受聚會邀請
A: I'm calling because I got the invitation to your party in the mail.
A:我打電話來是因爲我收到了邀請參加你聚會的郵件。
B: I was worried that maybe it got lost.
B:我還擔心它可能丟失了呢。
A: No, it came in the mail yesterday.
A:沒有,昨天收到的郵件。
B: So, will you be coming to the party?
B:所以,你會來參加我的生日聚會嗎?
A: You bet I'll be there.
A:相信我會去的。
B: Great! please feel free to bring your family.
B:太好了!請別客氣,把你的家人也帶來。
A: I was actually looking forward to some time away from them.
A:其實我正期待離開他們一段時間呢。
B: Regardless if you come with them or solo, please don't bring any gifts.
B:無論你是和他們一起來還是獨自一人,請別帶禮物。
A: Why is that?
A:爲什麼?
B: My husband is having the whole thing catered.
B:我丈夫已經把一切都準備妥當了。
A: I can at least bring a bottle of wine.
A:我至少可以帶一瓶酒。
B: That would be nice.
B:好呀
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載