當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第98期:Comfort zone 舒適區

The english we speak(BBC教學)第98期:Comfort zone 舒適區

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.94K 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第98期:Comfort zone 舒適區

Rob: (ON PHONE) OK Helen, sounds interesting…I'll be right over. Bye! Helen has something interesting to show me, so I'm off to see it now.

羅布:(正在打電話)好的,海倫,聽起來很有趣……我馬上就過去。再見!海倫有一些有趣的東西要給我看,所以我現在要離開,過去看一下。

(KNOCK ON DOOR)

(敲門)

Rob: Err, hi Helen.

羅布:呃……你好,海倫。

Helen: Hello Rob. Welcome to my comfort zone.

海倫:你好,羅布。歡迎來到我的舒適區?

Rob: Your what?

羅布:你的什麼?

Helen: My comfort zone. I've made a very comfortable area for relaxing in. Don't you think it's relaxing Rob?

海倫:我的舒適區。我弄了個用來放鬆的舒適區。你不認爲這很放鬆嗎,羅布?

Rob: Well yes. Nice cushions, a very cosy sofa and soft lighting–but Helen, why did you want to show me this relaxing and comfortable room–are you up to something?

羅布:嗯,不錯。漂亮的墊子、溫暖舒適的沙發還有柔和的燈光,可是海倫,你爲什麼要讓我看這個令人放鬆又舒適的房間呢,你要搞什麼小動作嗎?

Helen: No! You said we were doing a programme about comfort zones–so I decided to make one.

海倫:不是!你說過我們要做一檔有關舒適區的節目,所以我決定自己做個舒適區。

Rob: I see. Well we could describe this room as our comfort zone but usually the term refers to how someone feels.

羅布:我明白了。我們可以形容這個房間是我們的舒適區,但是通常這個短語是指人們的感覺。

Helen: Oh! So it's not just a place, but a state of mind.

海倫:哦!所以這不僅僅是一個地方,而是形容一種心態。

Rob: Yes. If someone is in their comfort zone, they feel secure and comfortable, they might even feel in control. Maybe these examples will help to explain more…

羅布:沒錯。如果人們處在他們的舒適區裏,那意思是他們感到安全和舒適,他們可能甚至會有控制的感覺。也許下面這些例子可以有助於你更好的理解這個短語……

John isn't going for the promotion-he wants to stay in his comfort zone and doesn't want the extra stress.

約翰不會尋求升職,他想保持舒適的狀態,不希望遇到額外的壓力。

Jane stays in her comfort zone when booking her holiday and will never travel overseas.

珍在預訂假期時希望保持舒適,所以她從來不去海外旅行。

Rob: So those examples describe people who are happy doing something they've always done. They feel safe and secure.

羅布:所以這些例子形容了人們很高興做一些他們一直在做的事情。他們感到很安穩。

Helen: It sounds like a nice place to be.

海倫:聽起來會是個好地方。

Rob: It is but it can also imply you won't take risks and move out of your comfort zone…

羅布:的確,但同樣這個短語也可以用來暗示,你不會冒險,不願離開你的舒適區……

Helen: …into your un-comfort zone you mean or your non-comfort zone?

海倫:進入不舒適區,你的意思是非舒適區嗎?

Rob: Exactly. Listen to these examples…

羅布:沒錯。來聽這些例子……

Sally is dressing outside her usual comfort zone; have you seen the dress she's wearing tonight?!

薩利的穿着可不像她平常的風格;你看到她今晚穿的裙子了嗎?

Bob's working outside his comfort zone by agreeing to run the accounts department.

鮑勃正在他不熟悉的領域工作,因爲他同意負責財務部的工作。

Rob: A comfort zone can also describe the ideal temperature of a room. It's just the right conditions to feel comfortable in–not too hot, not too cold.

羅布:舒適區也可以用來形容一個房間的理想溫度。形容感受到舒適的理想條件,不熱不冷。

Helen: Well Rob, I think we're in just the right comfort zone now.

海倫:嗯,羅布。我想我們現在就在理想的舒適區。

Rob: We are but come on, let's step outside and get some fresh air.

羅布:沒錯,不過,來吧,我們走出這裏,呼吸一下新鮮空氣吧。

Helen: Sorry Rob, I'm staying in my comfort zone. Mmm, it's so cosy and I feel so secure here and anyway, it might be raining out there.

海倫:抱歉,羅布,我要待在我的舒適區。嗯,這裏太舒適了,我在這裏感覺很安全,而且,外面可能下雨了。

Rob: You don't take any chances Helen! Oh well, see you later. Bye.

羅布:海倫,你並不想冒險!好吧,一會兒見。再見。

Helen: Bye! Oh this sofa is so comfortable, mmm...

海倫:再見!哦,這個沙發太舒服了,嗯……

重點講解:
1. be up to sth.
搞小動作;做手腳;
eg. Why did you need a room unless you were up to something?
除非你要搞什麼小動作,不然你爲什麼單要一間房?
eg. They must have known what their father was up to.
他們一定已經知道了父親要搞什麼。
2. refer to
指的是;
eg. Music extracurricular activities refer to the various music educational activities except classroom teaching.
課外音樂活動是指課堂教學以外的各種音樂教育活動。
eg. The terms supply and demand refer to the behaviour of people as they interact with one another in markets. .
供給和需求兩個術語指人們在市場上相互交易時的行爲。
3. state of mind
(某一特定時刻的)情緒,心態;
eg. I want you to get into a whole new state of mind.
我想讓你有一個全新的心態。
eg. He's in hospital, and in a confused state of mind.
他住院了,意識仍然不清。
4. go for
選擇;挑選;
eg. People tried to persuade him to go for a more gradual reform programme.
人們試圖說服他採取更爲漸進的改革方案。
eg. Send them your vitae if you want to go for this job.
如果你想得到這份工作,就寄份簡歷給他們。
5. take risks
冒險;
eg. You must confront your fears and doubts and take risks again.
你必須面對你的恐懼和懷疑,並且再次冒險。
eg. They are usually adventurous and willing to take risks.
他們通常很大膽,也願意冒險。
6. take a chance
冒險;碰運氣;
eg. You take a chance on the weather if you holiday in the UK.
在英國度假,只有賭天氣了。
eg. From then on, they were taking no chances.
從那時起,他們就不再冒險了。