當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第186期:Someone is like a dinosaur 某人像恐龍

The english we speak(BBC教學)第186期:Someone is like a dinosaur 某人像恐龍

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.22W 次

Helen: Hello, Welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English. I'm Helen.

海倫:大家好,歡迎收聽BBC英語學習頻道的地道英語節目。我是海倫。

Rob: And I'm Rob.

羅布:我是羅布。

Helen: Rob, can I ask you something?

海倫:羅布,我能問你件事嗎?

Rob: Yes, of course. Go ahead.

羅布:當然可以了。問吧。

Helen: My son's friends came to visit at the weekend. They were all in the bedroom playing with dinosaurs.

海倫:我兒子的朋友週末來家裏玩了。他們全都在臥室裏玩恐龍。

Rob: Oh right. Sounds fun.

羅布:哦,聽起來很有趣。

Helen: Yeah, I even let them watch a dinosaur film and play a computer game. Then I heard one of them say his parents were dinosaurs.

海倫:是啊,我還讓他們看了部恐龍電影,還有玩電腦遊戲。之後我聽到他們中有一個人說他的父母是恐龍。

Rob: Oh, dear.

羅布:哦,天哪。

Helen: I'm a mum, I don't think I look anything like a dinosaur, do I?

海倫:我是個母親,我認爲我長得並不像恐龍,是吧?

Rob: No, you don't look like one at all. You are 100% human! What did the boy say about his parents?

羅布:不,你當然長得不像恐龍了。你100%是人類!那個男孩怎麼說的他父母?

Helen: He said that they don't have a TV at home, and that his parents don't have mobile phones either. I was quite surprised by that.

海倫:他說他們家裏沒有電視,他父母也沒有手機。我聽到那些非常驚訝。

Rob: No wonder he thinks his parents are dinosaurs. When we call someone a 'dinosaur', we mean they're living in the past, they're not very modern, and probably don't use a lot of technology.

羅布:難怪他認爲他的父母是恐龍了。當我們稱某人是“恐龍”時,我們的意思是他們還生活在過去,他們不是很時髦,可能他們不會使用很多科技物品。

Helen: I see. So, if I don't have a mobile phone or have a computer, I could be… a dinosaur.

海倫:我明白了。所以,如果我沒有手機或是沒有電腦,我可能就是恐龍。

Rob: Exactly. Let's hear some examples.

羅布:沒錯。我們來聽一些例子。

My grandfather just bought his first digital camera. I've been telling him to get one for years! He's a dinosaur when it comes to modern technology.

我祖父剛買了他的第一臺數碼相機。多年來我一直讓他買一臺!在談到現代科技的時候,他真是個恐龍。

A: Have you met Jane's new husband?

A:你見過簡的新丈夫嗎?

B: Yes, he talks like someone from the 1930s. Really old-fashioned!

B:見過,他說話就像來自上世紀30年代的人。太過時了!

A: I know, he said he hates modern technology.

A:我知道,他說他討厭現代科技。

B: Oh, he's such a dinosaur.

B:哦,他真是個恐龍。

Helen: So calling someone a dinosaur means they're not in touch with the modern world.

海倫:所以稱呼某人爲恐龍意思就是他們不太接觸現代世界。

Rob: Yes, a bit old-fashioned, maybe conservative in their thinking, and not keen for new challenges.

羅布:對,有點過時,可能他們的想法很保守,不熱衷於新挑戰。

Helen: Well, I love modern technology.

海倫:嗯,我喜歡現代科技。

Rob: Are you on Facebook? Twitter? Instagram?

羅布:你有用臉譜網嗎?推特呢?Instagram呢?

Helen: No, what are these?

海倫:沒有,那些都是什麼?

Rob: Oh dear, Helen! You really are a dinosaur!

羅布:哦天哪,海倫!你真是個恐龍!

(sfx roar!)

(音響效果:咆哮的聲音)

The english we speak(BBC教學)第186期:Someone is like a dinosaur 某人像恐龍

重點講解:
1. go ahead
表示同意對方的請求,根據情況可譯爲:說吧,做吧,開始吧,進行吧;
eg. May I start? Yes, go ahead.
我可以開始了嗎? 好,開始吧。
eg. Will you do me a favour? Go ahead.
請你幫個忙好嗎? 說吧。
2. no wonder
(表示找出某事的原因)難怪,怪不得;
eg. As soon as he cannot meet the place looks up the material on the surfer, also no wonder he understands compared to others many.
他一遇到不懂的地方就上網查資料,也難怪他比別人懂得多。
eg. No wonder my friends began to think of me as being a little weird when it comes to movies.
難怪那時我的朋友們一說起電影就會覺得我很奇怪。
3. when it comes to
談到;涉及;
eg. John is such a know it all when it comes to history. I wonder if he majored in history, or if it's just his hobby.
當談到歷史方面的內容時,約翰真是無所不知。我很想知道他是否專修過歷史,或者僅僅是他的業餘愛好。
eg. Experience has taught me that when it comes to creating life-long change, psychology plays much more of a role than physiology.
經驗告訴我,如果要將某種改變持續一生,心理作用往往大於勝利作用。
4. old-fashioned
老式的;過時的;不時髦的;
eg. The house was dull, old-fashioned and in bad condition.
這幢房子死氣沉沉、風格過時並且破敗不堪。
eg. She has some old-fashioned values and can be a strict disciplinarian.
她的觀念比較保守,有時過於嚴格地奉行紀律。
5. be in touch with
(與…)聯絡;(與…)聯繫;
eg. Lily was affected with flu, when she was in touch with the patient.
莉莉和病人接觸的時候被感染而感冒了。
'll be in touch with you by telephone or by mail within a week.
我們會在一週內打電話或者寫信聯繫你的。