當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 時尚英語話題第35期:Admitting guilt 承認錯誤

時尚英語話題第35期:Admitting guilt 承認錯誤

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.16K 次

Admitting guilt

時尚英語話題第35期:Admitting guilt 承認錯誤
承認錯誤

Giving advice is a lot easier than receiving it.

給予建議比接受建議更容易。

Telling someone that he was wrong is a lot easier than admitting that you made a mistake.

當然告訴別人他是錯的比承認自己犯錯誤更容易。

Writing a timeout everyday is not easy but trying to live up to All of my timeout goals and ideas, gosh!

每天停下來想一想不是件容易的事,但試圖用暫停來達到我的目標和想法,唉!

It's almost impossible.

這幾乎也是不可能的。

I know someone who is great at giving advice but when you point out some area where he can improve him getdefensive.

我認識一個人,他的偉大之處就是在於給別人提建議,但當你指出他可以改進的一些地方時他就變得懷有戒心。

The more you try and tell him about a mistake he made the more defensive he gets.

而你越是嘗試告訴他關於他犯的一個錯誤,他就越變得有戒心。

So for that person I've given up trying.

所以基於這個原因我已經放棄了嘗試。

All of my friends have. I can't give up on my kids though.

我所有的朋友都是如此。但我不能放棄我的孩子們。

If my son makes a mistake and I pointed it out, the first thing that comes from his lips is 'No!' It's a blame refusal to admit his mistake.

如果我兒子犯了一個過錯而且經我指出,他嘴裏說出的第一個詞就是“不!”。這是一種承認他錯誤的奇怪拒絕。

It's never 'Yes, daddy, you are right.' Or 'Okay mummy, sorry.' It's 'No, it's not my fault' or 'It's wasn't me.'

他從來沒有說過“是的,爸爸,你是對的。或好媽媽,對不起。”一直都是“不,這不是我的錯或者絕對不是我。”

I do the same things sometimes.

有時我也經常會做同樣的事情。

Perhaps it's human nature.

也許它是人類的天性。

Perhaps my son got his habit from me.

也或許是有其父必有其子的緣故。

No! It couldn't be my fault, could it?

不!不可能是我的錯,可能嗎?

Talk about it:

談論下面的話題:

Are you good at accepting advice?

你善於接受建議嗎?

Are you quick to admit guilt?

你很快就會承認錯誤嗎?

Do you apologize quickly?

很快你就會道歉嗎?

Have you ever defended your actions even though you knew you were wrong?

即使你知道你錯了,你有沒有捍衛你的行爲?

Do you know someone maybe in your family who tends to be great at giving advice but terrible at receiving it?

在你的家庭中有沒有一個往往在給予建議時候非常偉大,但接受建議的時候就會變得很可怕?

Do you give good advice to your friends and family?

你給你的家人和朋友提出了很好的建議嗎?

What kinds of problems do people talk to you about?

人們跟你談論什麼樣的問題?

How does feeling guilty affect us?

感到內疚會如何影響我們?