當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語範例

老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語範例

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.67W 次

老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語

clueless 腦子不靈活的,笨的

I 'm clueless when it comes to woman I have no idea what they want.

我遇到女人的時候無所適從,我不知道她們在想些什麼.

He's absolutely clueless.
他毫無本事.

As we approach death, we are clueless to where we are heading.
尤其是在面臨死亡時,我們便更加無所適從.





Buddy up with someone 和別人交朋友/和誰的距離近

I was just trying to look busy so the counselors wouldn't try to buddy me up with the runny-nose kid in the corner.

我總是要扮的很忙的樣子才能不讓老師們把我和街上那些留着鼻涕的小孩歸爲一類.

Can I buddy up with you ?I need a new lab partner for chemistry class.

我能和你交個朋友嗎?我想找個人和我在化學實驗課同組.

You should buddy up with someone , you don't want to get lost in the crowd.

你該找個同伴,不然你會走丟的.




grease some wheels 拉近關係;花錢賄賂(引申)

If you want to make sure your firm gets the money, you should grease some wheels with the client.

如果你想能確保公司賺到錢,你就得多和客戶套套近乎.

We had to grease some wheels to get into the VIP room.

我們得通過關係進入VIP房間.




a babe fest 帥哥靚女雲集的地方

fest 是festival的縮寫,a babe fest 意思是帥哥靚女雲集的地方.

Let's go to the beach ,It's a babe fest .

我們去海灘吧,那裏帥哥靚女雲集.

The "o" bar is full of beautiful people , it's a total babe fest .

那個O吧有好多養眼的人,簡直就是帥哥靚女的聚集地.





take a rain check :改天

此俚語來歷:因雨停賽時送給觀衆下次免費來看的票(另一次機會),也就是改天的意思啦.

I can't make it to dinner tonight, can I take a rain check ?

今晚我不能去吃晚飯了,改天好嗎?

I 'll take a rain check on going to the movie ,I have too much work to do tonight .

我改天去看電影,今晚我有很多工作要做.


老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第2張


big time程度深,難度大

Wow, I am crying big time.

我大哭了一場.

I'm gonna get in trouble big time , if I don't do my homework. Hit big time, baby.




brace yourself做好準備;振作精神(奮起)

Brace yourself the economy might not get better for a while , start saving money now.

做好準備,經濟情況短期內不會有好轉,開始省錢吧.

Brace yourself. Because 2009 is Blizzard's year.

振作起來,睜大你的眼睛,因爲2009年是暴雪年.





That was close好險,可真夠懸的

ROSE DOYLE: You can't pass him! There's not enough room! Get back! Look out! A car's coming! Oh! That was close!

羅絲‧道爾:你不能超越他!沒有足夠的空間!退回來!小心!有一輛車子來了!哦!那真危險.

That car almost ran right into you , that was close .

那輛車差點撞到你,好險啊.

That was close my girlfriend almost saw me talking to another girl.

真不巧,我女朋友差點看到我和另外一個女孩談笑.



老美經常掛在嘴邊的地道美語 第3張


a hot idea 非常好的主意

Maybe it isn't such a hot idea.

也許這不是好主意.

I have a hot idea, why don't we have a lunch and go to the beach today.

我有個好主意,我們吃完午餐後去海灘怎麼樣?