當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 絕對時髦!老美掛在嘴邊的話

絕對時髦!老美掛在嘴邊的話

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.69K 次

絕對時髦!老美掛在嘴邊的話


seeing things in black and white:看問題過於簡單或刻板

seeing things in black and white,試想如果看事情只看到黑白兩色,可以理解爲看問題過於簡單,或者刻板.

black and white在某些語境中可以理解爲"簡單".例如Things Are Not Always Black or White(事情不總是那麼簡單的).

所以,今天我們學習的這句俚語的意思是看問題過於簡單或刻板.

You have to stop seeing things in black and white, there are many ways to look at a situation.

你看問題不該過於呆板,對於一個問題有多種方法.

I'm seeing things in black and white , you're either with us or against us.

我把話說清楚,要麼你站在我這邊,要麼與我爲敵.




bankroll something:爲某事出錢投資

I found some foreign investors to bankroll our new nightclub.

我找到一些海外投資者,爲我們的新的夜總會出資.

My uncle is gonna bankroll this venture.

我的叔叔準備向這個冒險事業投資.




get even with:報復

She wanted a chance to get even with him after he broke her heart .

在他傷了她的心之後,她一直想找機會報復.

I'll get even with him one day.

我總有一天跟他扯平.




settle a score:找...算賬

Either you pay up now ,or I'll send it my bodyguards to settle the score .

你現在把錢還給我,不然我叫保鏢找你算賬.

I've got a score to settle with you.

我有筆舊帳跟你算算.




somewhere is our turf now:某地是我們的地盤了

The garden is my Mom's turf , I would't go digging around in there .

花園是我媽媽的地盤,我不能去那裏搗亂.




Don't blow it all at once:別一下子全揮霍掉

You should't blow all you money on beer , rent is due next week.

你不該把錢都花在酒上面,下週該交房租了.




right back at you 彼此彼此,你也不錯

A: Hey , you're a really good teacher .

B: right back at you .

A: You look really nice tonight .

B: right back at you .




got nothing on :沒有抓住把柄

We can't get her fired , we've got nothing on her .

我們現在不能解僱她,還沒抓到她的把柄.

They've got nothing on me I've got an alibi.

他們沒抓我的罪證--我有不在現場的證據.




beat it out of somebody 逼...說出

If the soft approach doesn't get anywhere then beat it out of him.

軟的不行就來硬的, 不怕他不招.

She wouldn't tell me the name of her new boyfriend ,I practically had to beat it out of her .

她不肯告訴我她新男友的名字,我逼她說的.





drawing a blank 一片空白,想不起來,希望落空

I'm drawing a blank , what was your brother's name again.

瞧我這記性,你哥哥叫什麼名字來着?

I keep drawing a blank. That's a real let down.

我的希望一直落空,這真叫人失望.