當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:十塊錢而已 被追了一個星期 又驚又暖!

雙語美文:十塊錢而已 被追了一個星期 又驚又暖!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.68K 次

When I was in college

padding-bottom: 133.33%;">雙語美文:十塊錢而已 被追了一個星期 又驚又暖!

當我還在讀大學的時候


I worked at CVS,

我在一家連鎖量販店打工


a guy came to buy batteries

一個人來買電池


and was a couple dollars short.

少了幾塊錢


after trying to count out his change

我幫着他一起把他的零錢數了一遍


I told him not to worry about it

然後告訴他,不必擔心


and just take the batteries.

然後就把電池交給了他


I forgot about the whole thing almost instantly

我幾乎是瞬間就把這整件事忘掉了


because it wasnt a big deal.

因爲這本就不是什麼大事


a few days later

幾天之後


the guy comes back in,

那個人又回來了


waits in line to buy something

排隊等着買什麼東西


and asks if I remembered him.

問我還記不記得他


He then told me

接着他告訴我


that I really helped him out that day

那一天多虧了我給他幫忙


and he proceeded to leave a $20 bill on the counter

接着他便在櫃檯上留下20美元的鈔票


and walked out.

然後出去了


I will never forget that,

我永遠忘不了這件事


the fact that

忘不了


he remembered me doing something so small

他爲我做過的如此微不足道的事情記住了我


and then went out of his way

大費周章的找到我


to more than re-pay it.

他所做的比回饋更多