當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:傳遞下去,就是最好的報答

雙語美文:傳遞下去,就是最好的報答

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.4W 次

"Stocking up for Winter?",

雙語美文:傳遞下去,就是最好的報答

囤貨過冬?


said the cashier with a smile.

收銀員面帶微笑的問我


She was looking at my shopping cart

她正看着我的購物車


which was full of toaster pastries

裏面裝滿了做吐司用的麪粉


and big boxes of cereal.

還有大盒大盒的燕麥片


I knew that question was coming.

我已然猜到她會這樣問我


A little earlier

早一點的時候


I had stopped into the local food pantry

我去了一趟當地的社會福利食堂


to see if there was any small thing that I might contribute.

想要看看,自己能否做出貢獻,做一點小小的事情


The shelves held canned vegetables,

食品架上有罐裝的蔬菜


canned tuna fish,

還有金槍魚罐頭


boxes of macaroni and cheese,

幾盒通心粉和奶酪


and many other things.

以及許多其他的東西


They were short of breakfast foods, though,

不過,早餐的食物供應不足


so I thought I would give what I could.

於是我想,我會奉獻出自己所能的力量


I walked into a local store

我走進當地的超市


and started to fill my cart with Pop Tarts

在購物車裏裝滿了果塔餅乾


and boxes of Cherrios, and Corn Flakes.

玉米片和玉米麥片


I remembered loving them all for breakfast

我記得自己曾經喜歡所有這些早餐的食物


when I was a hungry, little boy growing up

當我還是一個飢腸轆轆的小男孩,期盼着長大的時候


and I hoped

我希望


what I bought might feed a few hungry, little bellies today.

今天我買的東西也能餵飽那些餓着肚子的小朋友


I smiled back at the cashier

我回給她一個微笑


and said,

並且說到


 "It's for the food pantry."

這是爲福利食堂買的


I usually tried to get out of the store without mentioning it,

往常,我總會默默的走出超市


because an anonymous act of kindness is the best kind.

因爲不留名的善舉纔是最好的


I didn't want any recognition or praise for what I did.

我不希望因爲自己的舉動得到大張旗鼓的嘉獎


I had needed to use the food pantries myself

曾經我自己也吃過福利食堂的飯


when I was an unemployed

那時我找不到工作


and struggling young father

初爲人父,苦苦掙扎


with a family to feed.

還有一家人要養活


And it felt so right

現在我感到多麼幸福


to complete this circle of love

完成了這個愛的環路


and give back to others in need.

回饋愛心給那些有需要的人


I knew too that

我也知道


I was doing what my destiny wanted me to do

我所做的,是我命中註定應該做的事


and that is the only reward any of us ever needs.

知道這一點,是所有人需要的唯一的回饋


Love fills the universe.

宇宙中充斥着愛


It is in every human heart.

它存在於每個人的心中


It is in every act of kindness no matter how small.

愛存在於每一個善舉之中,無論這善舉多麼微不足道


It is a glorious tapestry

這是一個光輝的整體


of which we all are a part.

每個人都是其中的一部分


It is so big that it is beyond comprehension.

它如此浩瀚,超出我們的認知


Still, we are all required to take our place in that tapestry.

但無論如何,我們都被要求成爲這個整體的一部分


we are all required to step into the circle of love that never ends.

我們都被要求踏入這永不枯竭的愛的河流之中


we are all required to give, to care, and to share.

我們都被要求去給予,去關懷,去分享


Take your place in the tapestry then.

所以,投入這個生命的整體吧


Be kind.

做善良的人


Be loving.

做充滿愛心的人


Help others every chance you can.

只要有機會,就去幫助別人


Become part of something big

成爲大整體的一部分


while doing something small.

同時做微小的善事